[Fake] $2500 Conquistador, Explorer Capital Class Ship

Lexicon

Captain
Aug 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Lexicon
Look up the Minmatar Ragnarok. The silhouette is identical, someone just shoved a stiletto through its spine.

Don't get me wrong, I'd buy the fuck out of an exploracapital. But I'm pretty sure CCP would set up colonial operations in CIG's bowels via boot-shaped drop pods if they tried to use that as "a preliminary artist's-rendition" of anything.

Lexicon

Captain
Aug 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Lexicon
I doubt many people could legitimately say ok to a capital explorer ship.
What if it was more of an exploration base-hub, rather than a capital ship that did exploration itself? I basically picture a combination Crucible/Endeavor, a larger ship than both. It would have support facilities to keep an exploration/cartography fleet out and about, some home-away-from-home creature-comforts for crews out in the vast emptiness, and maybe an "aura" effect - a short range datalink for whitelisted exploration ships that could wirelessly "tether" to it, receiving a bonus to their scanning and jump-point charting abilities. Explain it away as a supercomputer on the capship that allows the subcap explorer vessels to offload the computation-heavy tasks. Cloud computing in space.

Could also open up hacking/datastealing as a viable play option - anything transmitted wirelessly can be overheard...

Last edited:
Forgot your password?