Fallout TV Series

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I’m cautiously optimistic. The showrunners are the same guys who did Westworld which is an underrated show mind you!

Reactions: Garonman

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Yeah, I really enjoyed Westworld. I hope this series is just as good.
Absolutely. I think it's great that Todd Howard is attached to the project. Say what you will about the recent Bethesda offerings but it's terrific that Amazon is essentially porting the 'Bethesda Fallout' aesthetic to live action format.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
OOh never played the game but wil watch this!

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
One of my fav rpg game of all time... Lets hope its good !
Indeed!

Cautiously optimistic of course. Amazon has money to throw around but they haven't had much success lately with their super expensive tentpole projects (Ring of Power). Hoping Fallout bucks the trend.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Im excited!

I hope this kicks off some renewed interest in FO76 and encourages some expansions in that game.
I fully expect FO76 interest to swell when the show comes out. Love the fact that they kept the game's visuals (Power armor, vault suits, general aesthetics, etc).

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Indeed!

Cautiously optimistic of course. Amazon has money to throw around but they haven't had much success lately with their super expensive tentpole projects (Ring of Power). Hoping Fallout bucks the trend.
I know that Ring of Power had a lot of criticism but I absolutely loved every minute of series 1 and can't wait for series 2 to land next year. Just now reading through the LOTR trilogy again. Poor Faramir is getting shat upon by his frumpy pappy right now as I read...

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Trailer looks good. I loved fallout 3 and 4 and hope this lives up to expectations. The power armor looks amazing. When I heard people talking about a new fallout coming out I was thinking it was another game, not a show.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
I know that Ring of Power had a lot of criticism but I absolutely loved every minute of series 1 and can't wait for series 2 to land next year. Just now reading through the LOTR trilogy again. Poor Faramir is getting shat upon by his frumpy pappy right now as I read...
I was the same. The purists were just so vocal about not liking it that it made it seem like it was all of us. I loved ROP season 1 and eagerly await season 2.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
I love the Fallout franchise and can't wait for the new games. The tv show I think will be good but people need to just let it be a tv show and not the next best thing since sliced bread, <-- Brit saying for those who might wonder.

It will be a good entertain tv show on something most of us here probably know a bit about. Hopefully we can just enjoy it and let it stand on its own.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Amazon has proven before that it can make decent shows just to entertain, without all the forced-in political nonsense stuff, so I have hopes for this one. Gotta admit that it looks really good, all the little things I noticed that looks exactly as you'd expect them to, from stimpaks to power armor down to the ghoul sheriff guy. If nothing else, it will be a visual fan service feast for sure, which is not a bad thing at all!
I hope they stick to the lore as much as they stuck to the visuals!

I expect that interest for Fallout games and merch will be goin up. I recently tried 76 and it's still... well, not very enjoyable. Kinda empty and aimless and just feels like a broken version of 4. If Bethesda could be bothered to fix it up to a proper fallout game's standard it would be real nice and would get them a few sales. But ofc they won't because they are still sore about Starfailed... oh well.
I'm gonna be spinning up my printer and putting out a couple of my own designed mr.handy robots, I'm sure some of my friends will appreciate em .

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
Fallout 76 not very enjoyable? This is impossible as everyone knows that the vast majority of people are clamoring for real, live online games with PvP. PvE content is completely dated. Only online PvP games with player-created interactions are fun and can hold an audience's attention anymore, like Fallout 76.

Reactions: NomadicHavoc

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Fallout 76 not very enjoyable? This is impossible as everyone knows that the vast majority of people are clamoring for real, live online games with PvP. PvE content is completely dated. Only online PvP games with player-created interactions are fun and can hold an audience's attention anymore, like Fallout 76.
I'm guessing this is a Helldivers 2 reference ;-)

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
My favorite game type is cooperative PvE. I like how in PvE you can feel like a god of war and have a few laughs with your gaming buddies. Ok with PvE but it can be a drag when you get chewed up over and over - but if I have some TESTies with me I'm sure it would be a lotta fun as long as they bring tons of med pens :)

Forgot your password?