'Fleeting' Glance

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
So once again IAE is almost done, with a tumultuous period of 'modular' frenzy, backlogs, concepts, salt and some entertaining YouTube vids that covered all of this...

During this year, like others I wasn't really feeling the love as far as waiting till on my deathbed from old age waiting for concept ships to be finished, and I had CCU'd to a Caterpillar as an upgrade due to modularity, on Drake day before people were hissing "modularity" through gritted teeth, and then later like some others I was getting annoyed...so..

I went through with my dual screen set up, with my hanger open on one screen and the progress tracker on the other...and if there was nothing coming soon that I had thrown money at....melted (except for the Vulture which will be here shortly)...then I looked at my existing fleet with a microscope...lets fix this circus.

Am I getting modularity 'soon' with my Caterpillar?.......no......CCU to a Starlifter....
Am I able to get much use out of my Tali Bomber?......no......CCU to a Mole..(am I always broke in-game...yes...Mole could be handy)
Am I doing a lot of combat?...no...still using M&K and my internet is good, but not perfect.....melt a heap of hanger queen fighters and upgrade what I like..
Melt, melt melt....upgrade my Warden to a Starfarer Gemini, I still have an Eclipse, 600i, Corsair, Gladius and a Delta (fun ship).
Am I flying my Pisces?...yes nice short trip shopping cart...is it a medical ship?...no....CCU to the medical one, use it for bunkers
Grabbed a Cutter, just because it's a cheap starter / cargo and it's ugly but I can get TEST looking paint, and the Delta looks good in Yellow also.

End result...think it went well and I ended up spending stuff all real cash, to reorganize everything and everything except the Pisces has LTI, 120 months...but whatever.

Freight hauling and Vehicle Transport......yes
Smaller freight hauling, courier work and a forklift....yes
Refeulling Tanker......yes
Salvaging....yes
Exploration...yes
Bit of piracy....yes
Emergency Medical...yes
Mining....yes

Think I have a lot covered, leaning towards having industrial basics covered with a bit of combat, some bombing, close air support, medical....with some emphasis on making 'bank' with what I have.

I have ascended and my fleet has achieved non concept......modularity (well except for the Vulture....'soon').

current fleet 26 nov.png

Last edited:

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
You are pretty much covered here will all gameplay loops !
Yeah it worked out well, I looked at the options for each group and I thought these were the best for me. In the future I may grab a few extra ships to round things out and I'd gladly grab a Warden again, but the mission was to streamline everything without having to spend real money, and the opportunity was there to CCU it something that produces aUEC, can always get it again later.

Every industrial chosen can be solo operated and will make some money..

With the Starfarer I was just going to grab the base model, but had the extra store credit so thought may as well grab the Gemini, as for cargo I could not justify the price difference in Hercules models, and for the Taurus, I preferred it over a Mercury.

The Cutter and Mule can be LTI tokens if I need them and I still have some 315P > Nomad Warbond CCU's as LTI tokens also, so everything's good....if I need a ROC just buy it in-game...
The last few $$'s store credits I used to buy some skins that caught my eye....brushed metal 600i looks sexy...

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
You are pretty much covered here will all gameplay loops !
Well... there's still the "Roadservice" Loop. I don't see a towing and a repair ship. But since that stuff is still in the clouds anyhow I guess it IS an impressive and functional lineup. 👍

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Well... there's still the "Roadservice" Loop. I don't see a towing and a repair ship. But since that stuff is still in the clouds anyhow I guess it IS an impressive and functional lineup. 👍
Cheers! For now i'm rolling with the (flyable now, except the Vulture) mostly money makers, once that's sorted out there will be more emphasis in fleet support (repair and rearm) once those gameplay loops properly kick off. At some point we need an updated Org fleet roster to see who has what...then figure out the best route to go, combat fleet support / mining fleet support or something that can do both like repair etc..can't see many mining ships needing to 'rearm'..but everyone needs repairs and fuel.

The 600i is a guilty pleasure craft.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Smooth and dreamy, actually nice to fly. I was using it for some PVE bounties..had 3 size 5 gatlings BRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTT, but i'd just do the odd bounty for fun. I got one after CIG screwed up that time and gave us millions...so I bought the most expensive thing I could get before they took their money back....the 600i was it. I will use it more as I ended up buying one from the pledge store for exploration especially after the rework.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
IIRC, mission progression is slated to survive beta launch, yes? Seems that ought to tilt game activity hard onto mission progress. If that progress survives beta launch, doesn't this make mission running the only sensible grind?
The sensible grind, is the grind you like doing. Sure mission grinding will make income, which we all like...but there's no rush to make mega billions, I like having options open. If I feel like doing a mission/s I can, or if some Org mates want to go mining to waste some time, we can do that also. If I have ships that cover multiple things I can do what I like....go mining...get the shits with mining...go haul some freight...or trade some commodities, or respond to medical beacons and get ganked.

I did mention making money in my OP, but that's really for funding other things. If I trade or mine for a bit and make some money, I can then dabble in other things and see what they're like. If I like the other activities, I can sink some of pot of spacegold into things related to that activity, like upgrades. I just don't want to have all of the things now, make billions in game, then end up bored, at least this way I have a broad coverage of everything and I can try it all out.

Having a few ships differing in size that do the same function means, if I try everything and for arguments sake I love to haul freight, but cannot stand mining...I can CCU a mining ship into something freight related, while still having a mining starter, that I might need if I decide to try it again.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
The sensible grind, is the grind you like doing.
Words of a wise men.
I will tattoo these onto the inside of my eyelids.
Or at least scribble them down onto my cheat sheet.
I guess at the end of the day we all want to have done something that got our blood pumping.
Something that we can bragg about here in the forum.
(Because where else would we find someone who actually listens to our dribble.)
Doing boring chores for coin is something I already do to finance this game.
No way I'm gonna do it inside the verse too.
So in short, the best fleet is a fun fleet.
If it can earn enough to finance your antics thats plenty.
Because if you can't be happy owning a handfull of ships then you are not gonna be happy owning them all.
Though that F8 Lightning "Executive Edition" IS awfully nice I admit... :love:

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
If I have ships that cover multiple things I can do what I like....go mining...get the shits with mining...go haul some freight...or trade some commodities
And then you can leverage your org-mates too! For example, my fleet has very little overlap with yours as I'm more combat/exploration focused, but together we REALLY have everything covered! I can help you mine in your Mole when I need a break from exploring, and you can help shoot torps from my Polaris when you need a break from hauling!
Screenshot 2022-11-27 084929.png

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
And then you can leverage your org-mates too! For example, my fleet has very little overlap with yours as I'm more combat/exploration focused, but together we REALLY have everything covered! I can help you mine in your Mole when I need a break from exploring, and you can help shoot torps from my Polaris when you need a break from hauling!View attachment 23823
This is why I like hanging out here. :)

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
So once again IAE is almost done, with a tumultuous period of 'modular' frenzy, backlogs, concepts, salt and some entertaining YouTube vids that covered all of this...

During this year, like others I wasn't really feeling the love as far as waiting till on my deathbed from old age waiting for concept ships to be finished, and I had CCU'd to a Caterpillar as an upgrade due to modularity, on Drake day before people were hissing "modularity" through gritted teeth, and then later like some others I was getting annoyed...so..

I went through with my dual screen set up, with my hanger open on one screen and the progress tracker on the other...and if there was nothing coming soon that I had thrown money at....melted (except for the Vulture which will be here shortly)...then I looked at my existing fleet with a microscope...lets fix this circus.

Am I getting modularity 'soon' with my Caterpillar?.......no......CCU to a Starlifter....
Am I able to get much use out of my Tali Bomber?......no......CCU to a Mole..(am I always broke in-game...yes...Mole could be handy)
Am I doing a lot of combat?...no...still using M&K and my internet is good, but not perfect.....melt a heap of hanger queen fighters and upgrade what I like..
Melt, melt melt....upgrade my Warden to a Starfarer Gemini, I still have an Eclipse, 600i, Corsair, Gladius and a Delta (fun ship).
Am I flying my Pisces?...yes nice short trip shopping cart...is it a medical ship?...no....CCU to the medical one, use it for bunkers
Grabbed a Cutter, just because it's a cheap starter / cargo and it's ugly but I can get TEST looking paint, and the Delta looks good in Yellow also.

End result...think it went well and I ended up spending stuff all real cash, to reorganize everything and everything except the Pisces has LTI, 120 months...but whatever.

Salvaging....yes
Exploration...yes
Bit of piracy....yes
Emergency Medical...yes
Mining....yes

Think I have a lot covered, leaning towards having industrial basics covered with a bit of combat, some bombing, close air support, medical....with some emphasis on making 'bank' with what I have.

I have ascended and my fleet has achieved non concept......modularity (well except for the Vulture....'soon').

View attachment 23814
Last year I did something similar, with a different focus. I reorganized my fleet and my wife's fleet. The primary purpose was to cut crew requirements on our fleets. The introduction of the Liberator also loosened the rule on number of short ranged craft in the fleet we were going to have. We went from one each to two each.

Base your fleet on what your intent is, and limit the number of concept ships you have is always a good choice.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Words of a wise men.
I will tattoo these onto the inside of my eyelids.
Or at least scribble them down onto my cheat sheet.
I guess at the end of the day we all want to have done something that got our blood pumping.
Something that we can bragg about here in the forum.
(Because where else would we find someone who actually listens to our dribble.)
Doing boring chores for coin is something I already do to finance this game.
No way I'm gonna do it inside the verse too.
So in short, the best fleet is a fun fleet.
If it can earn enough to finance your antics thats plenty.
Because if you can't be happy owning a handfull of ships then you are not gonna be happy owning them all.
Though that F8 Lightning "Executive Edition" IS awfully nice I admit... :love:
Only problem with 'F8' is that it's too close to 'F5'....people will start having PTSD from mashing 'F5' on sale days hahaha

Also...'Never 'not' have a cheat sheet!'

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
And then you can leverage your org-mates too! For example, my fleet has very little overlap with yours as I'm more combat/exploration focused, but together we REALLY have everything covered! I can help you mine in your Mole when I need a break from exploring, and you can help shoot torps from my Polaris when you need a break from hauling!View attachment 23823
Indeed, i'm trying to avoid buying anything that cannot operate without multicrew...that way I can do my own thing, but at the same time, stop what i'm doing if something's going down and we need extra monkeys to fling torps or jump on a turret somewhere.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Last year I did something similar, with a different focus. I reorganized my fleet and my wife's fleet. The primary purpose was to cut crew requirements on our fleets. The introduction of the Liberator also loosened the rule on number of short ranged craft in the fleet we were going to have. We went from one each to two each.

Base your fleet on what your intent is, and limit the number of concept ships you have is always a good choice.
Absolutely, that was a loose secondary goal....but I won't ditch the 600i I haven't had experience with the Starfarer....might have to wing it, but everything else 'should' be manageable, and there's ships we can get in game....hence...one final update.....

Mule, Cutter and some assorted crap in the hanger........melted..
Mule we'll be able to get in game. Already have Titan for box missions....don't need a Cutter.

I miss my Argo RAFT Teddy Bear......so I picked a RAFT up again..
Also having 96SCU cargo in 3 x 32SCU containers might make hauling in the future in some cases faster for missions / jobs, if I only need to load three full containers.

Reactions: GPcustoms

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Absolutely, that was a loose secondary goal....but I won't ditch the 600i I haven't had experience with the Starfarer....might have to wing it, but everything else 'should' be manageable, and there's ships we can get in game....hence...one final update.....

Mule, Cutter and some assorted crap in the hanger........melted..
Mule we'll be able to get in game. Already have Titan for box missions....don't need a Cutter.

I miss my Argo RAFT Teddy Bear......so I picked a RAFT up again..
Also having 96SCU cargo in 3 x 32SCU containers might make hauling in the future in some cases faster for missions / jobs, if I only need to load three full containers.
The Retaliator stayed as our single large crew ship. I get it. :)

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul

Salvaging....yes
Exploration...yes
Bit of piracy....yes
Emergency Medical...yes
Mining....yes

View attachment 23814
Very nice fleet!
Just to poke you a bit for fun, do you think there's slight overlap in having both the c2 and Taurus? (I realize the Taurus is more daily driver friendly for sure, but you have that Corsair for that!).

Melting the Taurus would mean you can up the C2 to an Hull D, M2, maybe Orion if you dont care too much about one of the other small ships? The Orion will only appreciate lol.

Just my 2 cents! <3 <3 <3

Forgot your password?