GeForce GTX 1080

DemCoconuts

Commander
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
DemCoconuts
Glad I decided to run longer with my SLI'd GTX 760's. Time to sell the buggers and pick up a GTX 1080. That'll take me forward for another few years.

Might as well change to an M-ITX form factor system while I'm at it...

Reactions: AstroSam

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
It were hard months up to now NOT having bought a new GPU. But reading that news above I'm more than happy having safed my money and to accomplished NOT buying a 970 or 980 or AMD-pendant. Next year I'll buy a new GPU *plus* monitor (currently running an oldtimer with a resolution of 1680 * 1050 - which is the reason why my inno3D GTX960 2GB is quite o.K. and will do its job until 2017).

Reactions: BUTUZ

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
You are both beautiful and wise Samantha!

There's never a good time to buy a card as there's always something better coming out Soon(tm) but I usually skip a generation I don't think it's worth getting each and every one.

GTX480 > *skip GTX580* > GTX680

I'm on AMD R290 so the current R9 Nano etc is the "skip gen" for me so see what we get next gen from AMD.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Hahha they're referring to Doom as a triple A game! It's gonna be a bigger flop than Star Wars Battlefront!!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
NO really it is - my gut says so. My gut always right. Yeh its gonna sell a lot initially, because n00bs buy anything with a price tag on it nowadays but I guarantee that after a month sales will dry, it'll be discounted to high heaven just like battlefront :|

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
NO really it is - my gut says so. My gut always right. Yeh its gonna sell a lot initially, because n00bs buy anything with a price tag on it nowadays but I guarantee that after a month sales will dry, it'll be discounted to high heaven just like battlefront :|
I just hope they implemented the "hold a flashlight with the pistol" feature.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Well, your gut is drunk, send it home.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Well, honestly I don't have an opinion on that one. I somehow liked playing the first "Doom", because it was new and *everyone* at high school was talking about "Doom". The time the second Doom was released, the hype was gone and I really hated to search these f*ckin' keys. The third Doom was exciting during the first 30 minutes; after that, the whole gameplay can be named by one word: "boring". Shoot shoot shoot - lights went out, you hide in a corner, shoot shoot shoot - lights went on, you went on...either. *yawn* So, what will Doom the remake will probably bring us? A lot of shootin', a lot of gore and a lot of "wow-effects". Will I buy it? Definitely no. Am I interested in the topic? On historically point of view definitely yes.

FortuneBlack

Rear Admiral
Dec 26, 2015
RSI Handle
FortuneBlack
If this thing consistently beats SLI'd 980s then I'm definitely in for one...6 months after launch and you can actually find one in stock.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Well, your gut is drunk, send it home.
I do apologise if I have somehow offended you by attempting to predict the future using the power of my gut!

Forgot your password?