GIB Carrack!

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I'm surprised there isn't more hype around here about this ship. Or are we all just white knuckling the consoles waiting for ours to get off the assembly line. I'll tell ya, there's nothing like that new ship smell. At any rate, I caught some pix posted on the SC forums from the subscriber vault. If you're interested and don't have a subscription, you can see what our new beauty looks like.

SPOILER ALERT: Carrack Development Photos

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I'm surprised there isn't more hype around here about this ship. Or are we all just white knuckling the consoles waiting for ours to get off the assembly line. I'll tell ya, there's nothing like that new ship smell. At any rate, I caught some pix posted on the SC forums from the subscriber vault. If you're interested and don't have a subscription, you can see what our new beauty looks like.

SPOILER ALERT: Carrack Development Photos

White knuckled waiting in anticipation that the 2019 citizencon was just a joke and the Carrack didn't really get that fat.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
We do not have a secret TEST server where we're all flying Carracks and 890 Jumps around. Montoya has no spies in Cloud Imperium Games. TEST is in no way bribing CIG employees under the table.
No if we were, there would be Yellow & Black 890s and Carracks!

White knuckled waiting in anticipation that the 2019 citizencon was just a joke and the Carrack didn't really get that fat.
While I personally like the new look, I'm sorry to say that the ship appears un-changed for the most part. I'm assuming you're talking about the belly?

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I'm surprised there isn't more hype around here about this ship.
I don't know about others, but my excitement died along with the price hike. I focused my attention to other ships in the $300-$400 range after that, secured an CCU path to each of them so when they all become flyable or at least their features are locked down, I can choose which one I like without worrying about another price hike pushing away the ship I'm interested in.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I don't know about others, but my excitement died along with the price hike. I focused my attention to other ships in the $300-$400 range after that, secured an CCU path to each of them so when they all become flyable or at least their features are locked down, I can choose which one I like without worrying about another price hike pushing away the ship I'm interested in.
Depending how much money you have in the game or want to spend, the $695 Exploration package is priced as if the Carrack were still dirt cheap.

I dont care for all the ships that come in it, but I've upgraded almost all of them already.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Depending how much money you have in the game or want to spend, the $695 Exploration package is priced as if the Carrack were still dirt cheap.

I dont care for all the ships that come in it, but I've upgraded almost all of them already.
I did the same thing and every vehicle with the exception of the carrack has been CCUed.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD

But you'd have to have spent $1,000 to be able to buy the exploration package, right? I'm not quite there yet =/

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
It's not just greycat. It's a Rodent Greycat.

Screenshot 2020-02-18 at 23.24.29.png

As for the Carrack, I thought it's going to be released on Valentine's Day. Because Carrack is Love.
Then I thought maybe it would be released on President's Day. We give you... 46th President of the United States, President... Carrack.

The next opportunity is Thursday, February 20 -- Fat Thursday (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Thursday). Because... her fat ass...

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I did the same thing and every vehicle with the exception of the carrack has been CCUed.
As you can see, I replaced my Terrapin with a CCU upgrade to a Polaris during this past Anniversary sale.
I love my Freelancer Dur & I believe that once they have better scanning versions implemented into the game the Cyclone RN will be quite useful. As for the Dragonfly Black, I'm sure that I'll upgrade that at some point with a different exploration ship at some point since I've got multiple of these in different packages in my hangar.

2019 Anniversary Sale - Exploration Pack with Mods.PNG

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Same. The value cannot be understated.
But you'd have to have spent $1,000 to be able to buy the exploration package, right? I'm not quite there yet =/
I think so. I can buy one and gift it too you if that's what you want. I also have a $495 exploration pack in buybacks, with Carrack, Terrapin and Dragonfly black. It has a value of $760.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Same. The value cannot be understated.

I think so. I can buy one and gift it too you if that's what you want. I also have a $495 exploration pack in buybacks, with Carrack, Terrapin and Dragonfly black. It has a value of $760.
I may actually hit you up for that $495 one sometime. 😁

I've got some CCUs that'd use a Carrack and Terrapin. But I dont need it, there is the $695 current one that's still good value.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I may actually hit you up for that $495 one sometime. 😁

I've got some CCUs that'd use a Carrack and Terrapin. But I dont need it, there is the $695 current one that's still good value.
The value is actually the same between both. 265 extra value. Not that I've done the math, haha.

Yeah, I need a 400-500 dollar chairman's package with just a few ships available, haha. Something that can be upgraded appropriately. I could buyback that package, then upgrade to the Polaris I reckon.

Forgot your password?