Graphics card opinions..

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
they need a video card program like cell phones, pay a small monthly fee and be able to upgrade the newest card when available.
My god that would be amazing. Hell, you could do that with gaming rigs in general. The only problem is, people suck. I stopped building PC's for friends for that very reason. People mindlessly overclock everything because a website said it would fix everything. People download viruses because an add claimed "increase speed by %100". They willingly install malware because the popup said they were infected with malware "download now!".

They beat their mouse on the table when the computer freezes because they haven't closed an application since 1998. They never clean out the fans on their computer so it looks like the vents have carpet on them. They pull their cords out by jerking on the wire. They choose the top and bottom of the connector by first trying to force it in the wrong way. The list goes on and on. This is why we can't have nice things like a graphics card subscription...

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
CPU seems to be more important in 3.0 than GPU, my CPU is at 60% (20% more than 2.6) and my GPU is at 6-20% (much less than 2.6 was) My mate gets 95% CPU on his Overclocked I5. 3.0 is deffo much more heavy on CPU.

I've got a 1080ti but I get bad frame rates in SC because of my 3rd gen old I7 and the netcode and bad cpu optimisation.

I wouldn't buy a GPU just for star citizen as SC is incapable of using powerful GPUs to the max at the moment!

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
CPU seems to be more important in 3.0 than GPU, my CPU is at 60% (20% more than 2.6) and my GPU is at 6-20% (much less than 2.6 was) My mate gets 95% CPU on his Overclocked I5. 3.0 is deffo much more heavy on CPU.

I've got a 1080ti but I get bad frame rates in SC because of my 3rd gen old I7 and the netcode and bad cpu optimisation.

I wouldn't buy a GPU just for star citizen as SC is incapable of using powerful GPUs to the max at the moment!
Ya I have the cpu, i7 6700 skylake figured i may as well upgrade the gcard.

Reactions: Radegast74

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Ya I have the cpu, i7 6700 skylake figured i may as well upgrade the gcard.
In that case, upgrade away!!!! :D

Reactions: Radegast74
Forgot your password?