How long before Idris is released to owners?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
So, I just learned that there was indeed a sale on the Idris-P between the 23rd-24th in 3 limited waves. *sighs* I wish they'd had the waves last the entire event, even if in 3 waves per day & with limiting accounts to only 1 per account with them being non-transferable. I genuinely hate F5 battles, because I'm quite possibly the worst / least successful at them. LoL I'd happily melt enough of my fleet in order to get 1. TBH, what I want is an Idris-M with the energy weapons of the P, that way it'll have the unlimited ammo as well as the extra armor of the M version. *shrugs* I guess I'll be melting some ships mid May, to prepare for the Idris fight, praying that I won't regret doing so afterwards if I fail again.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
So, I just learned that there was indeed a sale on the Idris-P between the 23rd-24th in 3 limited waves. *sighs* I wish they'd had the waves last the entire event, even if in 3 waves per day & with limiting accounts to only 1 per account with them being non-transferable. I genuinely hate F5 battles, because I'm quite possibly the worst / least successful at them. LoL I'd happily melt enough of my fleet in order to get 1. TBH, what I want is an Idris-M with the energy weapons of the P, that way it'll have the unlimited ammo as well as the extra armor of the M version. *shrugs* I guess I'll be melting some ships mid May, to prepare for the Idris fight, praying that I won't regret doing so afterwards if I fail again.
Little advice on how I got mine.
I put into the search bar 'Idris'. I then repeatedly pressed f5 just before the stroke of 4pm (my time) The moment I saw it there I added to basket and pretty much left it as I knew I would miss that wave.
I added the store funds then went about my day. Just before the stroke of midnight, I would click purchase then scroll down and click accept all in a half a second. I repeated it until the page took longer to refresh and then I knew it was in the purchase mode. And there we go, that's how I got my Idris and my Kraken.

You can get yours. It will mean I have to find myself another pilot but worth it to get another Testy in their captains chair :o7:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Little advice on how I got mine.
I put into the search bar 'Idris'. I then repeatedly pressed f5 just before the stroke of 4pm (my time) The moment I saw it there I added to basket and pretty much left it as I knew I would miss that wave.
I added the store funds then went about my day. Just before the stroke of midnight, I would click purchase then scroll down and click accept all in a half a second. I repeated it until the page took longer to refresh and then I knew it was in the purchase mode. And there we go, that's how I got my Idris and my Kraken.

You can get yours. It will mean I have to find myself another pilot but worth it to get another Testy in their captains chair :o7:
Awesome, thanks for the tactic my friend.

Though, even if I have 1 of my own, I'm sure that I'll be helping others with theirs far more than mine gets used. After all, without paying for an expedited fee (which will most likely be huge), having a friend with a backup can help keep the crew in the fight longer & more often when needed. With most orgs, if you take out any of their Cap ships, they are stuck behind the 8 ball for a while, as they have to wait for their lost ship to be repaired / replaced. However, this is TEST Squadron, if 1 or even a few of the Cap ships of our members get taken out in an operation, we still have plenty more. Cheers!

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
Awesome, thanks for the tactic my friend.

Though, even if I have 1 of my own, I'm sure that I'll be helping others with theirs far more than mine gets used. After all, without paying for an expedited fee (which will most likely be huge), having a friend with a backup can help keep the crew in the fight longer & more often when needed. With most orgs, if you take out any of their Cap ships, they are stuck behind the 8 ball for a while, as they have to wait for their lost ship to be repaired / replaced. However, this is TEST Squadron, if 1 or even a few of the Cap ships of our members get taken out in an operation, we still have plenty more. Cheers!
Hell yea my guy. It's going to be amazing. I cant wait. I dont even care if I end up just standing on my own bridge silent whilst the gunners coordinate amongst themselves to take down the targets. It will be glorious to witness.

I hope at some point they give us the ability to name our ships and throw in a captains uniform.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Hell yea my guy. It's going to be amazing. I cant wait. I dont even care if I end up just standing on my own bridge silent whilst the gunners coordinate amongst themselves to take down the targets. It will be glorious to witness.

I hope at some point they give us the ability to name our ships and throw in a captains uniform.
I'll be happy even running around helping clean things up on my own ship. LoL Killing a group of invading bandits that pay no attention to me because they think I'm just a pathetic janitor makes me lol.

As for naming our own ship, that's already a thing for a handful of ships & eventually will be for all ships. Case in point:

SC - 600i Ships Named.PNG

SC - 890J Named 03-08-2021.PNG

SC - Carrack Named 03-08-2021.PNG

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
I'll be happy even running around helping clean things up on my own ship. LoL Killing a group of invading bandits that pay no attention to me because they think I'm just a pathetic janitor makes me lol.

As for naming our own ship, that's already a thing for a handful of ships & eventually will be for all ships. Case in point:

View attachment 25458
View attachment 25459
View attachment 25460
They are extending the ship naming to all ships? Man I gotta start thinking up some good names for my fleet.
My 600i EX is called Space Mouse and my MSR is The Breaker Of Chains but I melted my Carrack called Silver Arrow for an Arrastra. Might call my Odyssey "looks a bit like Robocop" 🤣

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
They are extending the ship naming to all ships? Man I gotta start thinking up some good names for my fleet.
My 600i EX is called Space Mouse and my MSR is The Breaker Of Chains but I melted my Carrack called Silver Arrow for an Arrastra. Might call my Odyssey "looks a bit like Robocop" 🤣
I'm sure that somebody, at some point, probably quickly, will name their Odyssey as Odysseus, as in the king of Ithaca & main hero of the famous novel by Homer called The Odyssey.

I have no idea what I'll be naming my 600i Ex when I eventually achieve that goal. Though I have no doubt that I'll have put a lot of thought into it before then.

Forgot your password?