How long before Idris is released to owners?

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
, what I want is an Idris-M with the energy weapons of the P, that way it'll have the unlimited ammo as well as the extra armor of the M version. *shrugs*
I think when players see the outrageous range and horrific damage the rail gun does, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth from those who want the M. In fact, my psychic mind meld with the Universe definitely possibly maybe suggests “The M” will be a thing whispered in hallowed tones and shouted from rooftops. THE M!

I have foreseen it. Everything is proceeding according to my design.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I think when players see the outrageous range and horrific damage the rail gun does, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth from those who want the M. In fact, my psychic mind meld with the Universe definitely possibly maybe suggests “The M” will be a thing whispered in hallowed tones and shouted from rooftops. THE M!

And will the M act like a True M, forget to signal when turning, ride 10inches off your BMM's ass, and after a drug-fueled night of partying, mow down a school of cadets in auroras and finally crash into a space station causing unimaginable amounts of property damage, aaand get away with all of it?

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
And will the M act like a True M, forget to signal when turning, ride 10inches off your BMM's ass, and after a drug-fueled night of partying, mow down a school of cadets in auroras and finally crash into a space station causing unimaginable amounts of property damage, aaand get away with all of it?
Yes, yes and more YES! Idri all across the ‘verse shall be known to munch a bunch of cadets.

Btw for those interested, if you just fling yourself at the bridge windscreen during EVA, you will slide right on in. Seems a weird door but it is what it is.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

As somebody that has been 1 shotted by the rail gun of an Idris M while piloting a Harbinger to completely that the best visual comparison I can provide involves the classic comedian Gallagher & his sledge-o-matic, I have no doubt of this.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
I'm sure that somebody, at some point, probably quickly, will name their Odyssey as Odysseus, as in the king of Ithaca & main hero of the famous novel by Homer called The Odyssey.

I have no idea what I'll be naming my 600i Ex when I eventually achieve that goal. Though I have no doubt that I'll have put a lot of thought into it before then.
I kept an eye out for other 600i's and saw where the other players were leaning in terms of silly, funny or clever and wrote down what ideas I got.
I had another name, forgotten now, but I suddenly saw a mouse when I looked at the ship from an angle and its stuck

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
It looks like the ship is 95% done, most rooms are accessible.

I know they said it would only be when SQ42 comes out, but they said that for the F8 too!

When Idris?

View attachment 25455
It's a marketing thing. It won't be before Squadron 42. Marketing doesn't want the actual experience, especially with a P to not live up to the hype and curtail sales.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
It's a marketing thing. It won't be before Squadron 42. Marketing doesn't want the actual experience, especially with a P to not live up to the hype and curtail sales.
Fine by me. I don't own one and would like all the Idris/Javelin owners to suffer like the rest of us poor plebs. I am not saying this from a position of envy and sour grapes....no siree.

I do own the BMM and the Polaris though, please release those CIG!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
There's a chance that the Polaris will be released at some point this year or if not then next, based on what they've shown so far. This being said, if that crew that was working on the BMM hadn't left CIG, I'm sure they'd be nearly done as well & we'd have it soon as well. I still believe that CIG will only be releasing it into the Verse either during an IAE or even more likely during an Alien week. (with another sizeable prize increase)

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
Fine by me. I don't own one and would like all the Idris/Javelin owners to suffer like the rest of us poor plebs. I am not saying this from a position of envy and sour grapes....no siree.

As the owner of Idris, BMM and the Polaris, I so want them all released. But at this stage it feels like when the BMM is released it will be like finding a unicorn

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
Would not surprise me if they make it that we dont get to captain our Idris just with the release of SQ42, but with the completion of it and unlocking it after finishing the campaign.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
There's a chance that the Polaris will be released at some point this year or if not then next, based on what they've shown so far. This being said, if that crew that was working on the BMM hadn't left CIG, I'm sure they'd be nearly done as well & we'd have it soon as well. I still believe that CIG will only be releasing it into the Verse either during an IAE or even more likely during an Alien week. (with another sizeable prize increase)
I hope you are right, but I have a feeling that we will not see it for another 3 years.
Even if those rumours (that are always around) of a full game release in late 2025 are true, I don't think we will see it until sometime after game release

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
So did anyone here do the idris battle mission thing? i aint had time to even boot the game for like 2 weeks. *sigh*

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I hope you are right, but I have a feeling that we will not see it for another 3 years.
Even if those rumours (that are always around) of a full game release in late 2025 are true, I don't think we will see it until sometime after game release
Unless I'm mistaken, the 2025 rumors for the game release is for SQ42, which is not being tweaked & polished. Honestly, I suspect that SQ42 will go into beta for more thorough TESTing around ILW 2025 & then actually released ILW 2026. This is of course being hopeful that CIG won't be releasing it in a similar buggy state like CyberPunk 2077 was at launch. I believe that if they polish & hunt the bugs until then, ILW would be the most logical time to release it to beta, then after a year of beta further perfecting then ILW would be the perfect time to launch fully, especially considering the lore of ILW.

Reactions: Garonman

Daak Gelrin

Grand Admiral
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
RSI Handle
Daak

Coming from the perspective of a person who owns an Idris, Polaris, Perseus, BMM, and an Orion, I'd be over-the-hill-happy with any of them being released.

GIB'EM ALL, lol!

I know the RSI line is on the slate for delivery, my fingers are crossed they can pull at least one of them out of the hat.

Until then,
🍺🍻🍸:drunk: I'll crash land the ships I have, and stumble away to the ASOP.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
Unless I'm mistaken, the 2025 rumors for the game release is for SQ42, which is not being tweaked & polished. Honestly, I suspect that SQ42 will go into beta for more thorough TESTing around ILW 2025 & then actually released ILW 2026. This is of course being hopeful that CIG won't be releasing it in a similar buggy state like CyberPunk 2077 was at launch. I believe that if they polish & hunt the bugs until then, ILW would be the most logical time to release it to beta, then after a year of beta further perfecting then ILW would be the perfect time to launch fully, especially considering the lore of ILW.
Well... yea.. b.. but.. dammit. Stop being logical. If your post turns out to be what happens I'm blaming you 🤣

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
Coming from the perspective of a person who owns an Idris, Polaris, Perseus, BMM, and an Orion, I'd be over-the-hill-happy with any of them being released.

GIB'EM ALL, lol!

I know the RSI line is on the slate for delivery, my fingers are crossed they can pull at least one of them out of the hat.

Until then,
🍺🍻🍸:drunk: I'll crash land the ships I have, and stumble away to the ASOP.
Just a word of warning.. you may find me as a stowaway on your Perseus. Love the look of that boat.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Well... yea.. b.. but.. dammit. Stop being logical. If your post turns out to be what happens I'm blaming you 🤣
If I happen to be correct, I won't be as happy as if I was wrong with us getting things earlier, but I also will be more happy than things taking longer to receive.

Now if you want something crazy to ponder, about 90% of the time I make a smartass comment that shouldn't happen, it does. The odds drop when it's something I want & shoot through the roof if it's something I really don't want to happen. My best explanation for this is that God, in his twisted sense of humor, seems to enjoy my randomly saying seemingly impossible things enough to make them happen periodically so that nothing makes sense. Someday, I'll be old & wise enough to stop making smartass remarks, though that might be my last day on this rock because knowing myself, I might just make a smartass remark with my last breath as a final joke.

Forgot your password?