How many of you people have only one ship?

Do you only have one ship?

• Total voters

Takran

Admiral
Feb 8, 2016
RSI Handle
TakranG
I started out with the 315P, and that was going to be my only ship, I was gonna use that until I earned a bigger one, and nope I wasn't going to spend any more money. Iron-willed.

I now own an original LTI Carrack.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I started out with just an Aurora... but you know how it goes with buying internet spaceships.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I started out with just an Aurora... but you know how it goes with buying internet spaceships.
I've had fun every time I spent money. Much like the kid in your slide picture. I'm sticking to that story. CIG didn't MAKE me buy the ships, they just had good concept artists hold my wallet hostage to the computer screen. I tried to fight them off but they grabbed me by my brain and made me think about how good a ship of that role could be.

I REGRET NOTHING!

PhosphorusForFun

Space Marshal
Mar 14, 2015
RSI Handle
PhosphorusForFun
I started out with one ship. And have gotten one ship per month since. Usually Aurora LN's, then melt X LN's to fund the purchase of a ship that comes out. currently in the $1300 range so... 29 months? that can't be right... my wife must have snuck on my account and bought more expensive ships when i didn't have the LN's to afford it... oh me and her are gonna have a talk... with absolutely no mention of money... probably involving daffodils and honey cakes and...

Yeah, one ship and I'm sticking to it.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Cutlass black package to start. That was my one. It was supposed to be my only.

Then I joined TEST. Y'all ruined me with ship love, haha. I had to have an Aurora LN.

Then I got talking to Cosmic, and next was a Freelancer DURp. The bug hit hard I tell ya. I was buying and melting so fast I couldn't keep up.

I decided I wanted all the ships, and bought a Redeemer next, with a bunch of CCUs to BMM, Warden, as well as the much needed CCU to Carrack, and all the CCUs to the $350 ships...and another Cutlass Blue...and a Sabre.

Self control gone. Haha. All that and in the end I decided I wanted a smaller, specialized fleet.
So my Cutty Blue got gifted, and I'm sticking with my Aurora(now an LN. Mmmmm leather), DURp, Sabre, and Carrack.

Sk1dmark

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Sk1dmark
I got the 300i package. I thought it looked pretty nice for the price point.
Once i found out everything is can be earned with in game currency i figured id just work for new ships.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
I started with a 325A in September of 2014. Thru the years, I've managed to micro-purchase upgrades with the logic of, "Well, if I spend only ($5/$10/$15) more I can have a cooler ship. I currently have a Freelancer, Saber, Vanguard and 350R, and having spent ~$680. Yet one more thing to look back on with, "wtf was I thinking?"

Reactions: Blind Owl

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
Well, I had an Aurora from the kickstarter. "What a bargain!" I thought, when I remembered I had pledged two years later. Then I decided I needed a fighter. It was okay...I saved money by pledging early, I could splurge a little. So then I got a Aurora LN. But that didn't seem like enough, so I upgraded to a 'stang. Then I watched the Hornet commercial too many times. That engine warble...unngh. Then I remembered I loved dive bombing and capping capital ships since my BF 1942 days. "My god! Free transfers between the Hornet and Gladiator? Why, it would be irresponsible not to upgrade!"

Then the Retaliator began calling to me...I needed a dropship. Dropships are awesome. And I mean look at those engines. And who doesn't want to own a dropship?...and torpedoes...and...oh. I've spent $500 on ships and don't even have a computer to play on....shit. No more. Hey, the Sabre looks sexy, and it's only....I'm a Rear Admiral now. Shit.

Forgot your password?