How many ships is too many?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I believe you're missing an Orion on that lost.
Right. And Orion. You're not helping Sunder, dammit. Ha. Watch, I'll end up with a Vanguard. *facepalm*
See, my list is much more manageable:

Aurora ES
Aurora ES
Aurora ES
Aurora ES
Aurora ES
Aurora ES
Aurora ES
Aurora ES
Aurora ES
Aurora ES
Aurora ES
Aurora ES
Aurora ES
Aurora ES
Aurora ES
Aurora ES
Aurora ES
Javelin
A swarm of pissed off Auroras buzzing around the queen javelin. It paints a pretty picture. So pretty.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Only if you acknowledge that the factory warranty only covers crashing into celestial bodies, man-made stationary objects, and other ships. Any attempts at normal system/jump point travel, firing weapons, transport of cargo, exploration, or leisurely cruising will completely and immediately void the warranty.
I'll do, I promise o7

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
Damn, you just made me examine my hangar. I'm sitting at:

Super Hornet
Sabre
Vanguard Warden
Vanguard Harbinger
Sentinel BUK
Freelancer MIS
Orion
Starfarer Gemini
Crucible
Gladius
Avenger Warlock
Gladiator
Retaliator (+all modules)
Idris-P

I'd need to hire 46 crew to have them all flying at once maxed out. Everything has LTI.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Damn, you just made me examine my hangar. I'm sitting at:

Super Hornet
Sabre
Vanguard Warden
Vanguard Harbinger
Sentinel BUK
Freelancer MIS
Orion
Starfarer Gemini
Crucible
Gladius
Avenger Warlock
Gladiator
Retaliator (+all modules)
Idris-P

I'd need to hire 46 crew to have them all flying at once maxed out. Everything has LTI.
I hate you. ;)

Reactions: Fenrig

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
I hate you. ;)
Yeah, I may have to switch back to buying guns again. I've been waffling between a Ohio Ord HCAR and a 1874 Sharps in 45/110.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yeah, I may have to switch back to buying guns again. I've been waffling between a Ohio Ord HCAR and a 1874 Sharps in 45/110.
Pew pew sticks! The HCAR looks deliciously awesome. And expensive. $4400. Now I really hate you. Haha. Unfortunately my army salary doesn't permit for buying all the pretty toys AND feeding my family. Adulting sucks.

Stee Jans

Grand Admiral
Sep 1, 2015
RSI Handle
SteeJans
When I first heard about SC I told myself I'd back with a nicer ship that'll easily make me some money in game to buy all the ships I want.. I truly wanted to work from one ship and earn the rest in game, so I purchased the Freelancer Max package. That was 4 months ago, but my current hanger has:
Freelancer Max
Freelancer Dur
LTI Carrack
LTI Retaliator bomber
And now I'm drooling over the Connie Andromeda and Endeavor. Once again, my brain says to wait, my heart says "meh, just work some overtime, it'll be fine."

Edit: Worst of all, in all the games I've played, I've mostly preferred going solo. What the hell am I going to do floating in space alone in my Carrack or Tali?

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
Atm Ive got a tali bomber and a 325a (and a reliant LTI thats CCU fodder to a Freelancer DUR.) I picked the 325 cause it seemed like a pretty versatile one person ship, ok in a fight, resonably fast and manouverable, but mainly cause i just tihnk it looks cool. The tali because A.) its just fucking badass, it looks cool, has massive "fuck you" missiles and lots of guns. and B.) because with the modules I tihnk its gonna be an excellent PU ship. Want to go fuck up a capital ship or convoy? torpedo modules, transport people? living modules, cargo? cargo modules, dropship, etc etc.

But im really looking forward to the unmelt tool tbh, Cause I melted a SuperHornet and M50 to get my tali. And frankly i want them back lol, Id also like to pick up a Hull B (or C maybe but probably not.) After that Ill be pretty happy with my hangar, and the other ships I want I can get in game, like an andromeda, gladius, gladiator, endevour etc.

The only other ships im likely to get before PU is an aurora (cause TEST) and maybe a P72 cause cheap and fun.

So before the PU I want to have;

Tali with lots of moduels
325a
SuperHornet
M50
Aurora CL
Hull B
P72

Id also love to own a Glaive and corvette, but cant imagine myself ever being able to afford them.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Ive got a tali bomber
What's the deal with the Tali. Quick and dirty. You can buy the base for 150, and the bomber is 285 I think. So are there a bunch of different modules that go on the base? Or are there variants?

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
What's the deal with the Tali. Quick and dirty. You can buy the base for 150, and the bomber is 285 I think. So are there a bunch of different modules that go on the base? Or are there variants?
Bomber automatically comes with the 2 torpedo modules, you can still fit the other modules, the torpedo modules for the base tali are $50 and $75

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Bomber automatically comes with the 2 torpedo modules, you can still fit the other modules, the torpedo modules for the base tali are $50 and $75
Gotcha. I've been doing research on ships all night since I posted that question. There are lots that apparently will be modular. Tali and Vanguard are two that are right now, but apparently the Connie, the Redeemer, and perhaps others will all have BUK/modules.

Forgot your password?