how much for the jav next time

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
It would be wise to consider movement rates of the big caps ships before purchasing one. If you can't get to any given conflict before it is over, owning a Jav could mean it's only useful as an aggressor, and that is severely limiting in your play. Also, it will probably require a lot of money in NPCs to keep a Jav in service. It's of no use without gunners and it is a huge project to organize so many players. You can't just expect dozens of folks will always be ready to hop aboard and then wait two days for a cap ship to enter a theater of conflict.

Long story short is cap ships will be a real trial to use in game. The slower they are, the harder they'll be to use, but this is exactly why they will be the deciding factor when they actually show up for a conflict.

Zapper Weisman

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 14, 2018
RSI Handle
ZapperWeisman
It would be wise to consider movement rates of the big caps ships before purchasing one. If you can't get to any given conflict before it is over, owning a Jav could mean it's only useful as an aggressor, and that is severely limiting in your play. Also, it will probably require a lot of money in NPCs to keep a Jav in service. It's of no use without gunners and it is a huge project to organize so many players. You can't just expect dozens of folks will always be ready to hop aboard and then wait two days for a cap ship to enter a theater of conflict.

Long story short is cap ships will be a real trial to use in game. The slower they are, the harder they'll be to use, but this is exactly why they will be the deciding factor when they actually show up for a conflict.
^This!, is why I never bought one of these huge, combat focused ships and why I don't care to. I feel these will be a huge pain in the ass to manage. Would love to be a crew member on one for you guys though.

Last edited:

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
I think the real answer to this question is "too much".

I'd expect 3000 non-warbond, and then however much they feel like discounting it for warbond. Not anything under 2500, though.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I get the feeling that regardless of the cost to buy a Jav ends up being before full launch, that it will be a fraction of the in game expenses to be fully manned, armed & equipped for combat or other dedicated operations. I could easily be wrong though.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I am very glad there are people backing the game this much. I also think there will be a level of gameplay ships like this will have all to themselves i.e. taking out the vanduul. I can see how much fun it could be with a very large group of friends flying out to take on such enemies. I cannot see it working well in a pvp environment it will either be very good and or not worth bringing due to costs.

Either way although I have spent this much in total on the game I do not see it fitting with my play time of logging in for an hour.

Forgot your password?