Idea for new game play for bounty hunters.

Treasureknight

Captain
Sep 11, 2019
RSI Handle
Treasureknight
Evil Eye
I thought this could be pretty cool for the bounty hunter profession! I have been a backer for a while so I’m aware that the law system isn’t fleshed out fully yet but I thought this could help bridge the gap faster for bounty hunters and their targets.
Currently PVP bounty hunting is pretty limited to space combat and waiting for your target to leave the armistice zone. It’s rare to catch a target down in a cave or something. So here’s the goal for what I’m calling the Evil Eye. A weapon that comes with two active functions; the first function will be a stun or lethal gun to subdue targets and the second function is a player scanner to identify names and crime stats. The idea is that this weapon can be used in armistice zones and fire only at criminals. If pointed at a civilian the gun will lock.
I think this tool could expand bounty hunting by catching criminals in lawful areas before they can make it to their ship. This can lead to dynamic chases on foot and apprehending a target in the middle of a city. I’m pretty confident that the Evil Eye would be a great tool and stick with the game even after the law system is complete and armistice zones are no more. The Evil Eye will always be the bounty hunters go to choice for weaponry.

I've posted this on the spectrum game ideas. If you like this why not go over and up vote my idea. =)

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Err... those are game machanic that are already planned...
Some sort of "portable scanner" was a thing that has been say during some talk somo time ago in ATV where they explain the will-be of the bounty hunting, and for the the stun weapon they are already planned, as it is the ability, for autorised BH, to use weapon into armistice zone while those will be re-worked to remove the weapon-use restriction and made pit limited by law enforcements.
Basically you'll be able to drow a weapon into city and the actual armistice zone, but doing that will be considered a crime, unless you are an autorized BH and you are shooting a criminal or you drow in response of a direct aggression.

That is what has been told is planned, of course it is subject to change...

Treasureknight

Captain
Sep 11, 2019
RSI Handle
Treasureknight
Err... those are game machanic that are already planned...
Some sort of "portable scanner" was a thing that has been say during some talk somo time ago in ATV where they explain the will-be of the bounty hunting, and for the the stun weapon they are already planned, as it is the ability, for autorised BH, to use weapon into armistice zone while those will be re-worked to remove the weapon-use restriction and made pit limited by law enforcements.
Basically you'll be able to drow a weapon into city and the actual armistice zone, but doing that will be considered a crime, unless you are an autorized BH and you are shooting a criminal or you drow in response of a direct aggression.

That is what has been told is planned, of course it is subject to change...
I know the game has alot of promised features and it can be tough to remember it all. I just thought my idea was cool enough to share. =p

Reactions: Chip Hazzard

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
The proper role for a Bounty Hunter:
"We are a single body, with no allegiance to anyone but ourselves. We offer one, simple service to all of our clients - we will cross contested jurisdictions for you, find who or what you’re looking for, and bring it back to you in the condition requested. Simple. Elegant. No one knows who hires us, but everyone knows they can trust us to get the job done, and we can guarantee that because our agents are guided by one principle, one code. What is that code?"
"The Warrant is all."

Forgot your password?