Input on the rig I plan on building?

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
That Zalman ball cooler is amazing. Been using it for the past 5 years and the only reason I changed it was because I went underwater. It will cool down a nuclear reactor if you need it to. The only problem with it is cleaning since this fin configuration is very hard to clean so make sure you have good intake filtration.

Civil Hypocricy

Rear Admiral
Nov 8, 2014
RSI Handle
Civil_Hypocrisy
Does anyone know the maximum voltage a 4770k can get up to? I'm OCing it with a CM Hyper 212 Evo, hoping to get to somewhere around 4.2 Ghz or higher. Any advice would be very welcome!

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
Does anyone know the maximum voltage a 4770k can get up to? I'm OCing it with a CM Hyper 212 Evo, hoping to get to somewhere around 4.2 Ghz or higher. Any advice would be very welcome!
1.4/1.45V is high but safe if cool enough. That is way overkill for 4.2. You can go to 4.6/4.7 on 1.4V

Eliyahu

Space Marshal
Feb 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Eliyahu2
Nocuta fans are the best I have ever bought and used by far for case fans etc unbelievably quiet, efficient and durable. Evo SSD's are my recommendation and I agree with pretty much what everyone else here has said. If you don't want to venture down the road of liquid cooling I would understand completely, it is a mixed bag for most people. If you have experience with it, are tech and mechanically savvy then I would highly recommend it.

Closed loops I have never seen break and are built durably if you get the right one. And the 80i is solid! My current system is a compact that runs the h100i. Here is my current case, it takes a smaller board.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/obsidian-series-250d-mini-itx-pc-case

Last edited:

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
I have 800 Watt power supply, which is still way more than I need and my computer is pretty beastly. Again, as the others have said 4TB is overkill. 1-2TB is definitely enough. Save a little money on stuff like that and get a more powerful video card or something. I'll post my PC specs below, which ran me about $1800.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9mnG6h

Forgot your password?