Invictus / DefenseCon - What did you pick up or change?

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Always interesting to see the changes made around events, ships struck off lists and bought, or melted or upgraded.

For me:

Bought the "SexWing" Fighter (tm) - Scorpius
Bought the CX8 Pisces - Underrated shuttle
Bought two MULES
Bought a MULE CCU now have a Mustang Delta LTI (Replacing ALL the guns for ballistics..I want a "Space MH-6 Littlebird"...brrrrrrrrt...brrrrrrrrrt <-----Lower case. Only an A-10 can have all caps BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
Bought a Vanguard Warden to Eclipse CCU (already part of a CCU chain, so has LTI.....LTI and big torpedoes)

Space combat is a bit sketchy for me at the moment (Mouse+Kb=Death) so I can pick up another Warden later through an LTI CCU chain, but I still wanted to do bounties....can't really fly like a semi-pro, or at least like a busted house-brick?....solution...throw long torpedoes from the comfort of behind an asteroid a long way away!.....As for the MULE refer to the picture....it's in ORG colours straight out of the box...so a compulsory purchase.

So what did you do? anything major picked up or upgraded or even changed?

base.png

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
TALI > Eclipse

I bought a mule, I saw the mule, i bought the mule. I considered the gemini from my 400i as i want to ccu out from that but im unsure on what.
Ahh the Eclipse...nice. I've always wanted one after the carnage you could cause in Eve Online with a stealth bomber, was always satisfying to watch a near nuclear explosion that you just unleashed...hoping for the same in Star Citizen, my memory was jogged after watching this video (Also his other videos....he certainly knows how to fly hard), so it was straight to the pledge store to see if I could get one...

Also...."Never not buy a MULE".

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uU3Bjl9izM

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Took a lot of warbond CCUs, some Legionnaires and Mules, got 2 krakens (base and privateer) with credits.
I'll stock up on needed CCU the last day with credits for my own chains also.

Very curious for the last Drake CCU tomorrow, I hope it is for the cutlass black :)

1653769372031.png

minor_accident

Vice Admiral
Mar 25, 2022
RSI Handle
minor_accident
I probably screwed it up, but:
- 2 Mules
- Legionnaire --> Corsair CCU ($15 off via the chain)

I was wanting the Legionnaire at first glance, but decided it wasn't what I really wanted. I always intended on an extra Mule for the LTI. Since I soured on the Legio, I decided to put it into the Corsair, and hold onto the Mule for later.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Bought the CX8 Pisces - Underrated shuttle
Well shoulda done that one LONG ago, but better late than never, so good call! :like: Pisces is my go-to for claim/hop in/station hop duty!
Been sitting on the Scorpius for a while in the 'middle' of my CCU chain up to Polaris, and I'm quite liking so far other than the disappearing-turret bug. I still really like the idea of having a good 2-seat fighter in my Polaris hangar (pretty sure a Vanguard won't fit sadly), but whether that's the Xwing, Hurricane, or SH is still up in the air until more of the nerfs/balances have worked their way through.
I'm still wanting to turn my dumb Ion into something more useful, and have been contemplating an Apollo, but DAMN that Medivac is pricey! And at that point, for just a bit more do I instead want to just melt it and fish my Endeavor back out of buyback?!?

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Well shoulda done that one LONG ago, but better late than never, so good call! :like: Pisces is my go-to for claim/hop in/station hop duty!
Been sitting on the Scorpius for a while in the 'middle' of my CCU chain up to Polaris, and I'm quite liking so far other than the disappearing-turret bug. I still really like the idea of having a good 2-seat fighter in my Polaris hangar (pretty sure a Vanguard won't fit sadly), but whether that's the Xwing, Hurricane, or SH is still up in the air until more of the nerfs/balances have worked their way through.
I'm still wanting to turn my dumb Ion into something more useful, and have been contemplating an Apollo, but DAMN that Medivac is pricey! And at that point, for just a bit more do I instead want to just melt it and fish my Endeavor back out of buyback?!?
I had missed the opportunity before, could only get the "standard" version, so I waited till this version came up again.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Spend some new money to get me a Cutlass Black and Mule combo.
I used to hate the Cutlass, but now I love it...has more mileage on the clock than any of my other rides.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
I probably screwed it up, but:
- 2 Mules
- Legionnaire --> Corsair CCU ($15 off via the chain)

I was wanting the Legionnaire at first glance, but decided it wasn't what I really wanted. I always intended on an extra Mule for the LTI. Since I soured on the Legio, I decided to put it into the Corsair, and hold onto the Mule for later.
I think the Mule will now be a permanent fixture in the pledge store (without LTI) at some point, so I still have my second one I can CCU to something new, if CIG makes something interesting under $80 (the rest of my earmarked LTI CCU's are for the Nomad). If I use the Mule to CCU, can always grab another non-LTI one in the future...not like it's a capital ship, where LTI would be more of a priority.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Took a lot of warbond CCUs, some Legionnaires and Mules, got 2 krakens (base and privateer) with credits.
I'll stock up on needed CCU the last day with credits for my own chains also.

Very curious for the last Drake CCU tomorrow, I hope it is for the cutlass black :)

Kraken'Mogul haha. For me there's only one capital sized ship i'm really after...the Orion (farm those spacebux..)

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Bought anvil trio pack (with new anvil ship). Upgrade one ship to super hornet.

Bought hammerhead to polaris CCU
And carrack exploration with c8x to hammeehead CCU
And super hprnet to cosair CCU

Credit card is not happy.....

Oh....amd Scorious paint
Yep also waiting for the Corsair, if it's any good as a Cutlass upgrade i'll CCU my Cutty Black for a Red.

DrunkSpacePeej

Commander
Dec 14, 2021
RSI Handle
DrunkSpacePeej
I finished my upgrade to the Carrack which was the primary goal. Purchased a handful of warbonds for cost savings and ships of potential interest like the Vulture. I also picked up other limited CCUs for potential interests as well like the Apollos, Perseus, Polaris, Crucible, and SRV. I doubt I upgrade to more than one or two of those but wanted to have them for release.

Forgot your password?