is the hornet wildfire worth it?

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
I just used a ccu had to get it, haven't had time to try it out yet. was just curious if i made mistake, or if it is worth keeping. open to everyone's thoughts.

Reactions: FZD

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I'm hanging on to a CCU for one...at one time Hornets were really good, and for a long time now they have suffered from the "lack of attention / look at the new ships for sale" syndrome.

The best part is that it is the single seater model, which is slightly faster than the Super Hornet (and should be more manuverable, at some point in the future).

The not-so-good part is that it comes with a full ballistic loadout (right now at least). But, in the past, the Tarantula's were awesome guns, and it also has the S4 mount on the top standard, which is nice to have.

So, maybe hang on, because SoonTM it may (or may not?) get better. With the new Arena Commander release "Imminent" it may be fun to TEST out!

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
The stock F-7C is every bit as good as the Wildfire version. It's the same craft with a different loadout and paint scheme.

Is there a reason for the significant price increase? Not that I can see.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Yeah, I agree, not worth it over an regular hornet and at the almost comparable price point I STRONGLY prefer the SuperHornet for it's added versatility with the second seat and pre-loaded turrets.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
The stock F-7C is every bit as good as the Wildfire version. It's the same craft with a different loadout and paint scheme.

Is there a reason for the significant price increase? Not that I can see.
The reason would go back to "Voyager Direct" and the ability for players to purchase weapons and components for cash (via UEC) to fit out ships as they wanted - CIG made some pre-configured models using these, then added the component costs to the base ship's price.

While "Voyager Direct" was running, this was wouldn't have been a problem, but having removed the ability to purchase these weapons\components with cash, instead limiting the purchase to in-game using aUEC, the need for these variants has gone.

That said, The Wildfire's weapon loadout (excluding missiles, as both variants have the same) was $48, compared to $32 (plus stor*-all box) for the base variant, so even back then it was likely a very expensive skin, given you don't get the base model's weapons as well as those for the variant...

Forgot your password?