Keybind questions for the Hull series ships

Lonewollf

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Lonewollf
Hey ya'll.

So the last time that I went out and played around with my Hull A, I had some issues, and was wondering if anybody had any input on my minor dilemma. Here's what happened. I spawn my Hull A, and I fly it up to the space station that I'm picking cargo up from. All fine and dandy. As I'm flying, I'm scrolling through the keybinds list and I cannot for the life of me find a toggle command that extends and retracts the cargo spindle. Next place that I look (cause I know it's there) is the in-cockpit toggle switch on the left side of my dash. Hooray, I think to myself, for I extended my spindle. I land, I load, and I take off again to my next destination. Happy as can be for a cargo hauler.

So next thing that goes on is I land, unload, and take off for my next cargo pickup area. For the role-play aspect, I reach for the toggle on my dash again, only to find that it will not retract my spindle. At this point, I'm befuddled. I'm flying my Hull A with the cargo arms out, with no cargo.

my question is this: Does anybody here know if there actually in a keybind that i can set that will fix this? Or does anybody know whether or not CIG already knows about this and will be fixed later in a future patch?

RoosterRage

Captain
Donor
Jul 16, 2022
RSI Handle
RoosterRage
Hey ya'll.

So the last time that I went out and played around with my Hull A, I had some issues, and was wondering if anybody had any input on my minor dilemma. Here's what happened. I spawn my Hull A, and I fly it up to the space station that I'm picking cargo up from. All fine and dandy. As I'm flying, I'm scrolling through the keybinds list and I cannot for the life of me find a toggle command that extends and retracts the cargo spindle. Next place that I look (cause I know it's there) is the in-cockpit toggle switch on the left side of my dash. Hooray, I think to myself, for I extended my spindle. I land, I load, and I take off again to my next destination. Happy as can be for a cargo hauler.

So next thing that goes on is I land, unload, and take off for my next cargo pickup area. For the role-play aspect, I reach for the toggle on my dash again, only to find that it will not retract my spindle. At this point, I'm befuddled. I'm flying my Hull A with the cargo arms out, with no cargo.

my question is this: Does anybody here know if there actually in a keybind that i can set that will fix this? Or does anybody know whether or not CIG already knows about this and will be fixed later in a future patch?
If using a stick yes there is a keybind (it is not called spindle), and if keyboard then left alt+K i believe for spindle, server lag can cause a delay so wait a second after hitting.
Edit: Other ships like the Corsair and the Scorpius also use the same command for their wings to retract.

Lonewollf

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Lonewollf
If using a stick yes there is a keybind (it is not called spindle), and if keyboard then left alt+K i believe for spindle, server lag can cause a delay so wait a second after hitting.
Edit: Other ships like the Corsair and the Scorpius also use the same command for their wings to retract.
Thank's a bunch.

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
Flight --> Movement --> Cycle Configuration

There are options for extend and retract so you can bind separately.

Lonewollf

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Lonewollf
I thank you all for your help on this. I have come to the conclusion that the Hull A currently is bugged with that feature. I tested things out last night with both the Hull A and the Scorpius. As mentioned in my original post, I was able to extend the Hull, but not retract. I loaded in the Scorpius, and had absolutely no issues with the foils being locked into attack position and vice-versa. Now I'm going to go scour the issue counsel and see if there has been any other mentions towards that.

Thank you again.

Forgot your password?