LTI/Upgrading/Melting Questions

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
I have some questions about my ships, packages, and LTI, that hopefully people can answer and/or learn from.

Here are my current ships:
MISC Reliant with LTI
Cutlass Black with 6 months Insurance
Aurora MR with Digital Mercenary (LTI, alpha & beta access, star citizen & squad 42 download)

Now I know that I can pay to CCU my aurora to something else, and that ship will have LTI. I don't think its possible to give LTI to my cutlass, and remove from the Aurora, correct? If I do upgrade my aurora, will I lose my alpha/beta access? Once the PU launches, can I upgrade my aurora (not with real $) and transfer the LTI to that new ship? I really don't want to "waste" my LTI on my aurora because I will probably never fly it. Given my current hangar, what style of ship is missing (miner, trader, fighter, etc.)? I know it depends on my play style, but I don't want to upgrade my aurora to something that does the job of my other ships.

And I guess other people can post their questions about upgrading/melting and stuff here, so that we can have a centralized spot for these questions

Thanks TESTies! Love hanging with you!

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
You can't transfer LTI itself from one ship to another. You can only CCU a ship with LTI into another ship to retain said LTI. A new ship CCU/upgrade system is in the works that will purportedly be much easier to use and understand in the near future.

Once the PU is live, you will not be able to transfer LTI from one ship to another period. Whatever ships you have that have LTI enabled, that's it.

As CIG currently states, LTI is an insurance policy that will not be offered in the Star Citizen PU. It's supposed to be a pre-release game perk for early backers.

Is there the possibility that they will change their minds? Sure. It's a slim chance, but they've already changed their stance on LTI many times since the Kickstarter days.

Reactions: RipVanDan

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
So do you think I should CCU my aurora to something? Because otherwise I feel like I wouldn't use my aurora and my LTI will go wasted

I guess it really depends how expensive insurance is (or not having it) and if that cost is greater than the cost to CCU my aurora to a different ship. I'll still keep my packages though right?

Last edited:

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
You could ccu your LTI aurora to a cutlass that would then have the LTI with the package, then you could melt your current cutlass and buy something else...

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
You could ccu your LTI aurora to a cutlass that would then have the LTI with the package, then you could melt your current cutlass and buy something else...
but no way to get a refund? I'm not sure if I need/want another ship, or what type of ship I need/want, and I don't want to pay $70 just to have $100 left over (from the melted Cutlass).

And Ichiru, thanks for that link. I've seen it before but I always forget about it haha

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
As far as I know there is no way to get a refund, but you could always try to sell on the "grey market", basically selling to other players. But if you decide to go this route, be wary of scams.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Melt your current Cutlass for store credit, then CCU the Aurora LTI package into a Cutlass LTI using your store credit to pay the difference (make sure to select store credit at checkout). You will retain the contents of your Aurora package and now have a Cutlass Black with lifetime insurance, plus store credit left over.

Note: Using this method permanently lock the Cutlass package to your account and anything you purchase with your remaining store credit will also be locked to your account.

Reactions: RipVanDan

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
Melt your current Cutlass for store credit, then CCU the Aurora LTI package into a Cutlass LTI using your store credit to pay the difference (make sure to select store credit at checkout). You will retain the contents of your Aurora package and now have a Cutlass Black with lifetime insurance, plus store credit left over.

Note: Using this method permanently lock the Cutlass package to your account and anything you purchase with your remaining store credit will also be locked to your account.
What Captain has said above would be best. You could also consider using the rest of you store credit for an Aurora LN for when we have Aurora shenanigans and the insurance will be so cheap that you should be able to have a fresh one to crash weekly on drunk nights.

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104

you dah man!

Reactions: CaptainRichard

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
Now to find a $30 ship haha

Edit: by being efficient I upgraded my Aurora MR into a LN, although I'm gonna wait to use it in case there is a better sale

Last edited:
Forgot your password?