CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard

I saw Tom Green do stand-up tonight, which was pretty hilarious. He doesn't do the same goofball antics he used to and is a pretty legit stand-up comedian now. I was a huge fan of his back in his original MTV show days, his movies and specials as well, and later bought his autobiography, which is a good read.

I went to the early show and figured he wouldn't have time to do autographs, so I hit up an employee and asked if they would bring my book to him to get signed. After waiting for about 10 minutes, the employee came back with the manager, who mentioned that Tom wasn't doing autographs right now as he was between sets. I was kind of bummed and was about to leave, but the same guy pulled me back and whispered, "Meet me at the back of the club in 5 minutes...and keep this to yourself."

So I waited out back a good bit while it was raining, then started to walk away figuring it wasn't going to happen, but then I heard the door open with the club manager popping his head out. He motioned for me to come in and when I did, Tom Green was waiting there with his girlfriend, who was the show opener (ain't gonna lie, she's funny and pretty damn hot).

We chatted for a bit about his book and his stand-up comedy tour. His girlfriend took the pic above and Tom signed my book. Honestly, it was kind of a surreal experience meeting someone I was such a huge fan of in my younger days and shaking hands with him a decade later. Amazing, really.

Tom Green is a good dude. Go check him out on tour some time. :)

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Wow!

Im happy you got to meet him and have some one on one!

Did you tell him about your twitch stream? :D

Capt Richard, featuring Tom Green!

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
That is awesome! Verily, having a good beard will get you everywhere in life.

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
Well done sir. Surely this is in preparation of the day you meet and take a picture with me. Definitely good practice.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
I found that you met with Tom Green the same day you posted your new "twitch" idea about proctologist aspirations....

You are Tom Green behind that beard..... you hide behind the beard because you are ashamed of being Canadian (as you should) but here we look beyond boarders.

Beard is also the official uniform for the Canadian Special Forces Lumberjacks..

Captain Easy

Commander
Nov 19, 2014
RSI Handle
captaineasy
You lucky bastard! I am so jealous. The 'T-shirt' wasn't the only slip up mister. Would've been nice to see a pic of that hot girlfriend. Fortunately your beard saved the day.

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
Nice going, cooling photo! I was just about to ask where you SC attire is before reading all of the comments! Tom Green looks old. Man I used to love the Tom Green Show. That time he chainsawed his desk was hilarious.

Forgot your password?