New damage system

Bulloko

Commander
Jan 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bulloko
Ah, I was going to post this, lol. Beat me to it! I'll just throw in the youtube clip.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
This is pretty awesome looking. I'm a little in awe of how much tech the crew seem to be inventing just to make this game more immersive and better.

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
So hot, just damn...
Everyone shoots off people's wings from now on.

Wonder if this incentivizes is to shoot the cockpit now?

HID45

Commander
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
HID45
This only further adds to my concern that there will not be that kind of hardware in available in 2016 that would run this game 60fps on full detail.

Looks nice though.

Reactions: rogesh

Lonestar the Kilrathi

Rear Admiral
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Lonestar the Kilrathi
This only further adds to my concern that there will not be that kind of hardware in available in 2016 that would run this game 60fps on full detail.
i think it will exist, but it'll be expensive. The new "titan" from nvidea (i forgot what it's called) but i know it has 12g of memory, when the 780 titan was first around i was running a 1024 gtx570. Now i'm running a 980 with 4Gb, and if i remember correctly the titan was 6Gb of Vram. If i was a "real" enthusiast i'd be running SLI at least and have 8Gb worth of Vram across 2x980's.

Point being, when SC has their commercial release probably towards the end of 2016ish we'll be well past the 980's and New Titans and onto the next series of cards and also the next-new titans. The next new titans (if the current ones have 12 and the previous ones had 6) could have something like 18 or 24 g of Vram on a single card, which is NUTS especially if the (at that time) "older-gen cards" are the current Titans with 12, which means the "budget enthusiast cards" at that time will probably have like 8 or 12 G of vram themselves.

Anyway, none of that may even make sense in reality, but i'm predicting by the time SC commercially releases high tier-enthusiasts will be running something like 24 or 36 gigs of Vram in SLI and your average gamer PC will have 8 - 12 easily on one card.

TL;DR i have no idea what i'm talking about, but i'm very optimistic

Honestly the only thing that concerns me is network traffic and lag, and i don't see internet speeds increasing appreciably over the next two years. but it sounds like that is at the forefront of their design and thought processes, so, i'm keeping my hopes up

Last edited:

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis

Looks nice though.
Apparently this new system uses 4 times less memory, and particles are rendered with GPU and not CPU like the original.

Forgot your password?