New racing game

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
So some of my favorite racing games have been in a genre that rarely pokes it's head out. It all started with F-Zero. I loved it. The super fast, futuristic style had my head reeling. In alot of ways, I have been searching for that feeling again ever since. There have been other games like Wipeout that have come pretty close. Even more, like Hydro Thunder, that are pretty good but just not the same.

That is, until now. I was running around on Steam on Friday, just seeing what was out there. I was nominally disappointed in my last purchase (Battlefield 1 and it's 5 minutes of single player campaign) so I was looking for something different.

Man, did I find it. On a bit of an impulse buy, I picked up the game Redout. I bought it mainly because I felt like trying a racing game and it supported the Rift. I figured I would try a VR racer. I am SO glad that I did. What I found was a game that not only serves to showcase my favorite racing genre, but in many ways, surpasses it.

The game is easily the fastest racing game that I have ever played. The game itself looks amazing. The tracks are technical as fuck. The controls are smooth. The racecourses are 3D like I have never played, and the difficulty level is nice and tough. The AI doesn't pull their punches.

So if you liked F-Zero, Wipeout, or any others of that genre, you might want to consider Redout. I really don't think you will be disappointed.

Forgot your password?