New SyFy TV Series: The Expanse

Ryan2534

Vice Admiral
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
MontoyasNipples
Eureka and Battlestar were good but honestly those were just well written shows and that comes rarely especially for Syfy.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
I think Battlestar was the high water mark they may never reach again.
I feel the same way about Star Trek: The Next Generation regarding sci-fi shows in general. Perfect cast, great writing, and it was amazing for its time. There just won't be another space show better than this for the rest of my days.

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo

I feel the same way about Star Trek: The Next Generation regarding sci-fi shows in general. Perfect cast, great writing, and it was amazing for its time. There just won't be another space show better than this for the rest of my days.
If it's good, or at least enjoyable, hopefully it doesn't turn out like Stargate.

BOX3R

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
BOX3R
Is this based off the James SA Corey books? If so, it should be pretty entertaining.

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
Honestly, Syfy has been stepping up their game recently. They initially took up the mantle of the B-Movie makers for a while, and now I really want to look into it.

C

CaptainHavoc

Insert same CGI space ship battle from a hundred different angles with occasional change in backdrop

the_angry_angel

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
the_angry_angel
It's got a good cast. But the trailer feels... cheap? I don't know if that's fair. Maybe it's just an aesthetic they were going for. Also as much as I like Thomas Jane, perhaps unreasonably so, I'm almost laughing at some of the poses he's pulling in the trailer :(

For me, the most enjoyable scifi in recent years has been BS:G and Stargate: Universe. SG:U wasn't really Stargate, but I really enjoyed it until it started going a bit mental.

Anyone got any suggestions on anything more recent I can while away the hours that I might've missed?

Ultimately I'm waiting on the day SyFy think they can make a functional series based on Iain M Banks' Culture series, and then proceed to cock it right up =/

it was amazing for its time
I think that's key to TN:G. I went back to re-watch it a few months ago, and honestly I couldn't really do it. Maybe I just needed to push through the first series. I really do remember it more fondly in my head :(

Forgot your password?