NEW TO TEST NEED INFO!

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
Hey guys, I posted in the new thread the other day so I'm not introducing myself but I have a few questions that could easier be answered here (and possibly consolidated for future newbs) that I can't track down with the limited digging I've done.

In no order of importance or specific format they are as follows:

1. Where did "test squadron, best squadron" come from and why is it our motto?
b. Why so much about beer? I understand beer is amazing and 42% alchohol content is funny but where can I read about where this started or catch up on the fun?
c. wtf are "test raptors" and why can't I ride one? Do I need to drink more beer?
dingleberry - how do I rank up past ensign? I want to be a member that has a ranking even if it's "Loudnewb" because ensign sucks :(

Thanks for being awesome and all, enjoy the gravy and the beer and the giant spaceships!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
The beer thing was a little unintentional, but part of it stems from our recruitment poster on the org page where we say "Friday night drunk squad!"

Drunk = alcohol = beer so we just kinda ran with it.

There were concerns from the early members (the first 20 of us) that this would set a bad precedent and attract the wrong kind of people to the org. They were right, we have 6000 of the wrong kind of people now.

42% alc comes from Squadron 42, which in turn comes from the answer to life, the universe and everything.

And finally TEST Squadron Best Squardon come about because TEST rhymes with best, and that is the pushing the limits of my creative writing skills when I made the logo.

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
And finally TEST Squadron Best Squardon come about because TEST rhymes with best, and that is the pushing the limits of my creative writing skills when I made the logo.
And spelling skills. And proofreading skills.

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
Thanks for providing a video along with your explanations :) Maybe I'll be here the next time something comes around and can experience it myself. I'd insert something funny or witty but I'm being buried in maps here at work and topographical maps take all the fun right out of life :(

Have an awesome day Montoya and thanks again!

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
TEST Raptor is a new thing, you just missed it by a few weeks:

So should we start up a thing where we carefully pick out things in the background of DEV vids and then make mascots out of them and say that we're being subtly injected into everything the devs do because they love us?

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
And that sounds like a deflection technique a spai would use to make a joke out of a spai being exposed.
and that sounds like somthing a SPAI would say to make someone else look like a SPAI to make someo- wait a minute!

Attachments

Tortilla the Hun

Grand Admiral
Jul 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Tortilla_the_Hun
Phew, all this finger-pointing leads me to believe my identity will never be revealed.

And to think, I was worried I'd be discovered.

Reactions: KingNerd

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
He's asking a lot of questions. Clearly He's a Spai.

PROMOTE HIM AT ONCE!
I like what he said :)

*sneaks away into the head and tries to climb out the "window" immediately causing decompression and venting himself (and all the toilet paper) into space

Last edited:
Forgot your password?