Only Getting 5 FPS W/ 3.0

Copper_Kid

Captain
Dec 15, 2016
RSI Handle
the_copperkid
Anyone have any ideas as to why I would only be getting 5 FPS w/ 3.0? I am using an AMD FX 8350 and a GTX 970 SSC. I have seen people play w/ equivalent processors and a 960 and get frames upto 30. I'm at a lose, I've tried unparking my processors, overclocking the processor and gpu, but get no improvements what-so-ever.
Any help that would get me to play with a fps of at least 20 frames would be great.

Dorian Grey

Space Marshal
Feb 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Renstler
I also changed my Windows virtual drive size to 32GB on my SSD.

Will Wilco

Space Marshal
Dec 30, 2017
RSI Handle
willwilco
I tried to modify some setting I saw to improve performance, but I am still getting horrible lag and unable to walk around smoothly. I am worried to enter my ship with this issue.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Well think this issue is mostly server side..

But Star Citizen need Ram a lot and fast ram and the more core you have the better it is as for the GPU card any card with DirectX 11 support as in a GTX equliant 4GB should be just fine as SC hardly use the GPU at all

On my GTX 1050Ti 4GB SC is only using 20% at the most I run it on Low to very high I swap a lot convincing myself it will help..
( Low setting I gain 2-3 FPS from using high or very high)

CPU varies between 75-90% mostly around 80% and ram since I only have 8GB it use it all and some of the virtual 32GB SSD ram disk.

But on a good day I get 20-30FPS on a bad I'm happy if it get past 10fps LMAO...

Think this is how it is for most of us that don't have a 3000$ computer :smile:

Hopefully they get it all sorted out and we get more stable FPS.. :beers: :beer:

Edit: I do use a Custom User.cfg
and for custom user.cfg that what work for me might not work for you so it's very individual it seem what work or not but there are some basic code lines that is same for all that work.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
How much RAM do you have?

I've read a few places that performance has only been optimized for the highest video setting, well your video card is sufficient for those so make sure you are using that.

Also, leave Port Olisar before deciding. It is common to have 5 fps in the load in room on the top floor of Port Olisar, but once you get out into space and travel to other locations the fps should be far better.

Reactions: Mich Angel

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Check the min requirements on their website, see if you match those. Or, ideally, exceed them, since I (technically) have all of them and I still only get 5 fps. The most immediate issue is probably RAM, but if you have less than 4gb of vram, you'll need a better graphics card.

Reactions: Mich Angel
Forgot your password?