Origins of sociopath behavior in SC 2.0...

Daak Seed

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
daak-seed
After respawning with a strong hangover in completely messy compartment, I wanted to check my appearance in the mirror and that's what I saw there ...

Apparently, we are some sort of descendants of vampires - Star Vampires *heavy breathing*

So, here you go - next time you see someone who starts shooting at you, relax, they are just thirsty!

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
The title misled me. I came here expecting to find a psychology discussion about the aggressive, chaotic nature of players in the PTU as a result of them having nothing to lose (i.e reputation, points, experience etc.), shooting everybody on sight just because there are no repercussions; and how all this is normal human behavior.
But no. Vampires. :D

Daak Seed

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
daak-seed
Further discussion of origins of SC 2.0 sociopathic behaviour should not be limited to the assessment of physchological precursors. Considerable body of prior research suggests that biological causation may be cobsidered as a defining feature of sociopathic behavior (Birnbaum, 1930; Felthous et al., 2008).

... deep space vampirism

Reactions: Carlos Spicyweiner

Daak Seed

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
daak-seed
the likeliest cause of sociopathy among members of this forum is having Testicles
Let's make an update to existing biological classification than!

Family: Hominidae
Genus: Homo
Species: Homo sapiens
Sub-species: Homo testiculos
Sub-sub-species: Crapulatus volans lamia

Reactions: honcho12

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The title misled me. I came here expecting to find a psychology discussion about the aggressive, chaotic nature of players in the PTU as a result of them having nothing to lose (i.e reputation, points, experience etc.), shooting everybody on sight just because there are no repercussions; and how all this is normal human behavior.
But no. Vampires. :D
This. Concur. The title is so misleading. Understandable where you're going with it, upon reading skill the comments. But why so many big words and thought things? Can't we just drink beer and crash? Adulting is hard. That's science

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Indeed! Author should have used a better wording for title, e.g. "Vampires in the dark corridors of Sec. Station Kareah... True or Fiction"
Haha, drop a Twilight reference. EVERYONE would have come for sure. Silly author. ;) Ha.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
the long and the short of it is

in a sandbox, people will throw sand because they can

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?