PSA: Ship price increases occuring at IAE.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Orion - Price increasing from $575 to $650
Oh crud. There goes my plan to get a cheap Hull C -> Orion CCU. Curse you inflation.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Oh crud. There goes my plan to get a cheap Hull C -> Orion CCU. Curse you inflation.
Unless you can find one on the used market?

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
The timing on this is unfortunate, with IAE so close. I'm thinking I'll just wear the price rise on the F7C-M (I need 13 Vulture-F7C-M's in my active chains), as I'd prefer to have the funds available in case something more important to me releases next week... I may end up regretting this, too.

Besides the "costing people more" to buy items side of this, there's also the "paid for items which lost value (and trended into negative teritory)" side as well - The Constellation Taurus, if used as a "start" for a CCU to the "F7C-M Super Hornet Heartseeker" will now be adding $5 to the cost of the final ship, rather than linking directly, for example, and CCU's from the Orion or Hull D could add $50 (Orion to Carrack) to $75 (Hull D to 600i Explorer) to a ship's final price (Which is why using a concept as a "start" on a CCU is not advised).
Had two Orion CCU's that went to $0.. the annoying part is that they were the $25 warbond upgrades to the BMM that were released recently. I wasn't actually surprised as both ships were/are expected to go up in value, but it was disappointing to see a cash buy so quickly become a moot point.

Hangar Citizen is such a fun game.. who ever thought that gambling could be interesting? Looking at you, Wall Street...

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I'm confused, why would you upgrade a Phoenix (which is limited in that they only sell a limited number of them each year & CIG never sells any CCUs to upgrade into them) into anything higher? If that was what I was considering, I'd melt the Phoenix, pay cash for some cheap concept w/ LTI & start the CCU dance, using the store credit to help fill in gaps between warbond CCUs over the next year or so as well as purchasing the final CCU into my target ship to the next closest ship below it that is usually available during the IAE & ILW events to cap the price.

I agree I'm holding onto the Phoenix. Then again I've never been good at the ccu shuffle while I have changed out ships in a package, I mostly stick to warbonds. I still miss how there used to be statues given with new ship sales.

• Glorious

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Unless you can find one on the used market?
Ah, well, the point was to use store credits I've gotten from other chains getting more optimized. Accrued quite a decent pile.
I guess I'll just get a Hull C -> Herc -> Hull D for a grand total of $50. Then wait for Hull D to inevitably go up in price again closer / at flight ready. I'm guessing Hull D could easily go up by another $100, it's a capital ship after all. Might end up with Hull C -> Orion for close to $75, just with a detour. (Or maybe Orion gets flight ready before Hull D and this exercise was pointless. Or perhaps some new ship catches my fancy.)

• o7

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Ok so news from CIG :

View attachment 25174

Increase not at day 1 as JakeAcappella initially suggested on ccugame discord, but during each manufacturer's day.
That's from Freyja.
Isn't that effectively on day 1? I mean, you're still not going to have an opportunity to make use of this knowledge, unless you had buybacks which you'd probably have bought back already.

• o7

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Isn't that effectively on day 1? I mean, you're still not going to have an opportunity to make use of this knowledge, unless you had buybacks which you'd probably have bought back already.
In some very very specific case it is extremely interesting to do it during the IAE.

Like buying back hull D to Orion CCU for 25 (which I don't have) 😉
After the D jump and before the Orion jump.

Last edited:
  • o7
Forgot your password?