Racing Exploit - Atlas Defense Industries are cheats and terrible people!

Eiyron

Space Marshal
Jan 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Eiyron
Last edited:

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
This is why alpha builds should *NOT* have leaderboards unless you're testing the leaderboard code specifically.

When you give people the option to "win" this is what happens. It'll happen with AC until they retire the module. It'll happen in the FPS. Hell, it'll happen in the social module (but TEST will be on top there not because of an exploit, but because we're the best).

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
This is why alpha builds should *NOT* have leaderboards unless you're testing the leaderboard code specifically.
To be fair, they do reset the Leaderboards after every major patch, which typically include glitch and exploit fixes if they are serious enough. If someone is Top 10 now, they'll have to earn it all over again after the next patch.

It'll happen with AC until they retire the module.
From what I understand, Arena Commander is going to be a permanent feature of the game so Citizens can practice flying, shooting, dog fighting, and racing without fear of losing their ships or lives. It would be rough otherwise.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
To be fair, they do reset the Leaderboards after every major patch, which typically include glitch and exploit fixes if they are serious enough. If someone is Top 10 now, they'll have to earn it all over again after the next patch.
I know they do, and that's a good practice, but I feel my point still stands. Promoting competitiveness over testing in an alpha build leads to this sort of behavior. Now, I will admit that if the individual modules are considered to be closer to a "beta" state (with the overall game being alpha) then I'd change my tune a bit, but I'd still rather the system promote testing and bug finding in a more prominent way (EG: Earn REC for reporting bugs instead of getting a high score by using an unbalanced ship loadout).

From what I understand, Arena Commander is going to be a permanent feature of the game so Citizens can practice flying, shooting, dog fighting, and racing without fear of losing their ships or lives. It would be rough otherwise.
You mean you don't want to play an action version of EvE? :P By retire I really mean finalize. Not that I think there will be any major changes though.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Here's how ADI has kept 1st position on racing.

They were probably trying to keep it a secret for a long time to cheat on Racing leaderboards.
only recently did their 1st place holder Z_7 renamed himself "FixSpeedGlitchPlz" when the bug was found out.
Did they kick him from the org for exposing them?

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Alright looks like this guy is innocent, I would like to remind you all that previously sold pitchforks and torches are NON-REFUNDABLE. *ducks out and runs for the bar*

Reactions: Myre

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
Alright looks like this guy is innocent, I would like to remind you all that previously sold pitchforks and torches are NON-REFUNDABLE. *ducks out and runs for the bar*
Thanks to your known "No Return Policy", I now have enough pitchforks and torches to start my own shop.....

Reactions: SeungRyul

Myre

Pit Crew
Staff member
Feb 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Myre
So keep the pitchforks?

In summary, he dominated the races, but is now confessing because somebody else found the exploit?
The odd thing is that he confessed before Darth brought it up. As it stands now, the legitimacy of his prowess is up in the air without video evidence.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
The odd thing is that he confessed before Darth brought it up. As it stands now, the legitimacy of his prowess is up in the air without video evidence.
I am filled with fake outrage!

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
Thanks to your known "No Return Policy", I now have enough pitchforks and torches to start my own shop.....
How do you think he has enough to sell?

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Cheating, or just testing the game? They found the glitch, they use it while it's there, and they report it. I see nothing wrong here.

Already saw that sometimes the speed went slightly above 300m/s, had no idea how or why, but thought it would be awesome to find out. Even in normal play it was obvious there was a mistake somewhere in the code. If it wasn't these guys, it would have been someone else.

Forgot your password?