Rock Raider Division - Logo Contest and Intro

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Can you texture it? :)
Sure I can, but it would be easier if you tell me how do you want it, I mean, do you want all the black as metal?, or the center part in a full metal texture?, or how?

Last edited:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Sure I can, but it would be easier if you tell me how do you want it, I mean, do you want all de black as metal?, or the center part in a full metal texture?, or how?
THinking the middle part would be rock of some kind while the outside is metal. Not sure really.

Are you using photoshop for that?
Yes I am. Tbh I'm just googling photoshop tutorials on how do do this stuff

K1NG

Captain
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
K1NG_Brit
THinking the middle part would be rock of some kind while the outside is metal. Not sure really.

Yes I am. Tbh I'm just googling photoshop tutorials on how do do this stuff
I was going to suggest then: use illustrator.

You will find your lines and text will come out crisper as they are built as a vector, then you export it as what ever size you need.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I've been debating on whether or not to close this contest early. Couple reasons for this:

1. Lack of activity. Nothing new since last Friday.

2. I've been working on my own idea. It started out as something to spur some creativity but became something I've been working on off and on after work for the past several days since I posted the textured version of NKato's above.

To that end I've come up with this as Unofficial Logo V1.0(Keep Reading):

However that is not all. I'm still committed to honoring the original post and giving a prize for the coolest looking entry(it isn't Nkato's even thought I've taken his, made some changes and jazzed it up a bunch, still needs work). The winner of the contest goes to Metralla94 because I liked the drill which looked cool in the overall TEST logo. I will contact you today so we can discuss prize. As stated in the OP, anything 40 and below that can be gifted from the RSI pledge store.

I want to thank everyone for participating. It honestly turned out better than I thought it would and was a shot in the dark when I started it. I honestly expected like 1 submission because RR isn't an official group of TEST.

Stay Tuned to the Rock Raider thread in Professions. More is coming down the pipe and we should hear more about salvaging and the repair of ships when the Crucible repair ship is concepted this year.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
THANKS YOU, I'm so happy. I was working in the textured logo but this week I had so much work from the university.... sorry for that,... I'll upload it next week anyway.

Thanks to all the other participants of the contest and to Black Sunder for making it.

Reactions: WarrenPeace

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Item gifted. Waiting for response.
Got it. Thanks for the Mustang Beta, it's a really nice ship.

Hope this contest give ideas to other people of this forum to take the initiative like Black Sunder did and make this kind of content for the forum and org. ;)

Forgot your password?