Roll20 D&D 5e Campaign

Pazzolupo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 18, 2014
RSI Handle
Pazzolupo
Greetings everyone. Gauging interest in a D&D group using https://roll20.net/. I've been playing D&D 5e weekly for a couple years now and I wanted to try my hand at being a Dungeon Master. I've never DM'd before, nor have I used roll20 extensively. This would be newbie friendly experience where perhaps we learn together.

Most likely we would start with the official Starter Set adventure "Lost Mine of Phandelver" and transition into another adventure to be determined later. Hell, if we don't want story driven play we can just do survival crawls. Bottom line I'm looking for some friends to chill and throw dice with.

Let me know what the interest is, availability, etc.

Accented

Vice Admiral
Jan 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Accented
I have absolute no experience in D&D and the Official Test D&D group is in the middle of something, so I'll be interested in joining if you don't mind having to deal with a complete newbie. :D

Reactions: Pazzolupo

Pazzolupo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 18, 2014
RSI Handle
Pazzolupo
Complete newbies encouraged! The rules to the game are actually fairly straightforward. Best thing you can do is just make an account on roll20 and do the tutorial. It shows how to roll dice and whatnot.

The only thing about the roll20 tutorial is its a little buggy and shows you how to GM a game rather than just play. Still all useful.

fiarce

Space Marshal
Jul 19, 2016
RSI Handle
fiarce
The TEST D&D group has a bunch of folks looking for a group, including myself. I see that you already posted there...would love to get in a game depending on when - I want to ensure that I can be at the game each week :)
Ideal time would be Wednesday evening (Central time). Weekends are yet to be determined as we have an in-person game forming up as well.

Pazzolupo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 18, 2014
RSI Handle
Pazzolupo
Printimus & Fiarce: Absolutely! Never played before is sort of my specialty. I'm very casual in my application of rules. We are human and none of us know all the minutiae. I've already helped Wavecutter create his character. Hit me up on Discord and we can organize time to create the character ahead of time.

Day/time is undetermined yet but Wednesday night is fine. Weekends are easier for most people in my experience.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Yeah I am super noob to this before, I've always been interested in D20 games, but never had anyone to play with.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
I would be interested as well however my schedule rotates frequently and depending on the wife working is if I can play on my days off lol.

So I would be a 3rd wheel that shows up every now and again.

Pazzolupo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 18, 2014
RSI Handle
Pazzolupo
I would be interested as well however my schedule rotates frequently and depending on the wife working is if I can play on my days off lol.

So I would be a 3rd wheel that shows up every now and again.
We can easily welcome a casual player like yourself. I tend to support busy lifestyles when it comes to these things. You show up, you play that day and have fun. Return when you can. What we can do is roll up a character to have ready in the event you are able to make it.

Do you have any persistent days off? Find me in Discord so we can go over details.

Last edited:

CapnJack

Grand Admiral
Jan 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Chilly_Bean_Maestro
I'd be interested seeing as how its newbie friendly... I have no experience with the game, but a great imagination, I think it would be fun to hang out and play (by that I mean drink) some D&D Evenings or Weekends are good.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
We can easily welcome a casual player like yourself. I tend to support busy lifestyles when it comes to these things. You show up, you play that day and have fun. Return when you can. What we can do is roll up a character to have ready in the event you are able to make it.

Do you have any persistent days off? Find me in Discord so we can go over details.
im available now and already have a role 20 account.
next day off will be friday.

that_frog_kurtis

Space Marshal
Dec 3, 2013
RSI Handle
Contact Munken later in the week, he'll be back from citcon soon. We have a whole bunch of players waiting for DMs in the official TEST DND group. He will be able to coordinate and set up a group who are all available at the same time and experience level.

Reactions: Printimus

Pazzolupo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 18, 2014
RSI Handle
Pazzolupo
Contact Munken later in the week, he'll be back from citcon soon. We have a whole bunch of players waiting for DMs in the official TEST DND group. He will be able to coordinate and set up a group who are all available at the same time and experience level.
That's just as well, I'm willing to run Lost Mine of Phandelver for multiple groups, time permitting. At least it can serve as an intro or warm-up to other adventures.

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
Aschazel and I are both interested! My only issue is school right now, I'm in super focus mode so I'm studying or doing homework most nights after school, which leaves me little more than an hour to just relax. So, I can be available weekends or weeknights. Being that I'm limited on time right now especially, how do you think I could write my character off if I can't make it or have to leave early? "Uh, I have to pee. *Teleports*"?

Pazzolupo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 18, 2014
RSI Handle
Pazzolupo
Aschazel and I are both interested! My only issue is school right now, I'm in super focus mode so I'm studying or doing homework most nights after school, which leaves me little more than an hour to just relax. So, I can be available weekends or weeknights. Being that I'm limited on time right now especially, how do you think I could write my character off if I can't make it or have to leave early? "Uh, I have to pee. *Teleports*"?
Easy, if in wilderness you went foraging/scouting. If underground, you took tail guard. Nothing majorly complicated. We have to accept that there are sessions people can and can't make it. No reason to make it super complicated.

Forgot your password?