Scythe confirmed to the be the next flyable ship in AC:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I was in the desert when this happened, had money on hand to do it. Went to go back the game on kickstarter... blocked! God damn Afghan internet was blocking kickstarter pay page! I had wasted my R&R to go to a bigger base with internet to get the Scythe, and that was wasted. Grabbed a near-beer and chugged it, and instantly regretted taking this voluntary deployment. That is actually one of my biggest regrets to this day. I need some mead now...
You know what Salt?

Im going to make sure that you get hooked up with a Scythe in the PU as soon as possible!

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Make sure you name it Montoya Loves Me Best

Reactions: Reptar Khan

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
You know what Salt?

Im going to make sure that you get hooked up with a Scythe in the PU as soon as possible!
Give Montoya some instant good karma or some other hocus pocus good wishes.

But can we still tactically acquire another one???

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
You know what Salt?

I would greatly appreciate it, but first is to get test functional and smooth operation and get our planet distillery running.

Give Montoya some instant good karma or some other hocus pocus good wishes.

But can we still tactically acquire another one???
We will acquire enough that everyone that wants one has one. We will evolve from a sea of auroras to a ocean of scythes!

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
As someone that has never liked the look of the Scythe and thought that 300 bucks for a single seat dogfighter was insane... This doesn't bother me at all. It will be interesting to see the shit-storm that inevitably comes and of course there will be shitty people pulling grey market ass-hattery which will only increase the CIG hate, but it'll be forgotten in a week.

Maybe they'll make Scythes take no damage from missiles just to screw with all the players that can only perform well in AC by spamming all their Tempest II's and ejecting.

shadowvinez

Rear Admiral
May 30, 2015
RSI Handle
vinez
As someone that has never liked the look of the Scythe and thought that 300 bucks for a single seat dogfighter was insane... This doesn't bother me at all. It will be interesting to see the shit-storm that inevitably comes and of course there will be shitty people pulling grey market ass-hattery which will only increase the CIG hate, but it'll be forgotten in a week.

Maybe they'll make Scythes take no damage from missiles just to screw with all the players that can only perform well in AC by spamming all their Tempest II's and ejecting.
legit sat down one of my friends who has never even seen the game before in AC battle royale with a gladiator he ranked first.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Imperator-Prime/1-Month-Access-Pass

Guys, don't forget: You get 24 hours per month of flight time in the Scythe if you are an Imperator Prime subscriber. This will go into effect once it becomes flyable in AC.

I predict a lot of folks will sub for at least one month just to check out the Scythe. Plus, you can let your friends try it out in Multplayer Free Flight Mode if you own or rent one. ;)

Forgot your password?