Ship buying in game is live

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
You beat me to it, I just wanted to post this! lol

I bought a Prospector and tried mining for the first time! It took a while to find a minable rock, than it wouldn't show it's instability value and such, and I had no idea what I was doing so I blew it up, and almost blew up my ship as well. Went for a second rock, managed to get a controlled fracture happen, and that took out my ship anyways...
So I tried to File a Claim, but it didn't work! It showed up on the console, I clikced the button, and it just popped up the same screen again with the File a Claim button, but no timer was present. So I don't think I have a working Prospector anymore.

Ships in the shop do float away/ simply disappear sometimes, so you might want to go back there on another server if you can't find what you are looking for!
Also the Cyclone is bugged in the shop and won't show an option to buy it. I couldn't find any consoles to use for purchasing vehicles yet.

So I ended up buying a Yellow Jacket and a Buuccanneerr and went for a joyride on Delamar. The terrain following of the Dragonfly is kinda silly at the moment (moves like 50feet into the air to avoid collision and doesn't tilt along with the ground), but it's still a blast at 50fps lol

The Ship Shop ( note that my fps was so low cos something was messing in the bg with something, it went up to 40ish a bit later)
ScreenShot0599.jpg
ScreenShot0600.jpg
ScreenShot0601.jpg
ScreenShot0602.jpg

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
You beat me to it, I just wanted to post this! lol

I bought a Prospector and tried mining for the first time! It took a while to find a minable rock, than it wouldn't show it's instability value and such, and I had no idea what I was doing so I blew it up, and almost blew up my ship as well. Went for a second rock, managed to get a controlled fracture happen, and that took out my ship anyways...
So I tried to File a Claim, but it didn't work! It showed up on the console, I clikced the button, and it just popped up the same screen again with the File a Claim button, but no timer was present. So I don't think I have a working Prospector anymore.

Ships in the shop do float away/ simply disappear sometimes, so you might want to go back there on another server if you can't find what you are looking for!
Also the Cyclone is bugged in the shop and won't show an option to buy it. I couldn't find any consoles to use for purchasing vehicles yet.

So I ended up buying a Yellow Jacket and a Buuccanneerr and went for a joyride on Delamar. The terrain following of the Dragonfly is kinda silly at the moment (moves like 50feet into the air to avoid collision and doesn't tilt along with the ground), but it's still a blast at 50fps lol

The Ship Shop ( note that my fps was so low cos something was messing in the bg with something, it went up to 40ish a bit later)
View attachment 10867View attachment 10868View attachment 10869View attachment 10870
I have been told the reason you can't file a claim is you don't have insurance on the ships when you buy them so pretty much yeah the ship is gone. As for the cyclone maybe they havnt put it out for buying yet and that is just a display model for later.

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
I have been told the reason you can't file a claim is you don't have insurance on the ships when you buy them so pretty much yeah the ship is gone. As for the cyclone maybe they havnt put it out for buying yet and that is just a display model for later.
Can I buy the display model? Sometimes stores will sell their display models for discounted prices.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Do you keep them forever or just till a wipe?
This is PTU, so no matter what, you won’t keep them.

Second, I expect they won’t remain past a wipe. This is a way to tease some people who have not put out a lot of money into getting some upgraded ships. Most “whales” already have those ships. By getting the person who has one ship to upgrade to a cutlass or prospector as their starter, they can bring in a lot of money.

Forgot your password?