Ship sale - Mercury Star Runner (Aug 23)

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
*sigh*
ok, so data running is something else that I might be able to jump in and do when I may not have a lot of time and/or people? according to https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16163-The-Shipyard-Careers-And-Roles it's just another form of transport I guess? I just bought the apollo for group support, so it seems like it's time for another solo oriented ship. How do I make them take my monies? I'm not concierge yet lol
Today is the first day. Tomorrow it opens up to subscribers I think, and the following day it opens up to everyone.

I think...

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
so data running is something else that I might be able to jump in and do when I may not have a lot of time and/or people?
Most likely the mission types will be fetch types.

Go to satellite 32b and download the database. Doing so will trigger a hostile response. You need to have a heavily armored and shielded ship to make a get away and upload the date to what ever location you are given.

Since CIG seems to emphasize speed, it is likely that there could be a time limit on these missions.

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight

Go to satellite 32b and download the database. Doing so will trigger a hostile response. You need to have a heavily armored and shielded ship to make a get away and upload the date to what ever location you are given.

Since CIG seems to emphasize speed, it is likely that there could be a time limit on these missions.
I can see it now.

"There's rumors of a whale about to make a big purchase in the titanium markets. Hack the bank satellites to find out when he's moving his position. We want to front run him. If you bring my organization the position information on Terra, we think they'll try to intercept you. If you bring it to Arccorp, we might run out of time. The choice is yours."

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken

I could get behind that. My experiences in combat haven't been so great but I've got a Master's degree in running awa....*ahem* strategic retreats

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk

Easy to make it timely data, combat patrol times/routes, high value cargo/target positions etc.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Well main defence is turrets guess they are hoping these are fun, manned turrets as well. Its basically a smallish cargo ship that can also data run. Is it intended to be stage 2 data running over the herald? I guess we will know more soon. The concierge sale has almost no details in it other than price (not even cargo capacity). Since I have other cargo options currently would still prefer the herald.

Whilst I like the look of the ship I am not seeing anything particularly worthwhile to make me want to purchase at the moment.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Okay...
Stanton
Distance: 1.56300000
Latitude: 0.00000000
Longitude: 48.00000000

Such is life.
How do we warn Mas and Alex though?
When you submit the correct numbers, you'll get an option to call the law or warn the ne'er-do-wells.

EDIT: @OPSCHIEF beat me to it! Not even 6 am here, early bird!

Forgot your password?