Ship Speculations!

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
So I focused less on collecting more Warbond CCUs this year (as I think I have plenty for my needs already), and instead have been rolling through my credit daily to get some standalone IAE-insured ships in the Buyback log. So far I've made it through:

- Galaxy
- Hull B
- Liberator
- Arrastra
- C1
- A1
- SRV
- Zeus ES

With only a few days remaining, any other 'important' ones that I should make sure 'lock in' at their current price point before they get their inevitable flyable price-hikes? Crucible might be a good option, but probably going to skip the behemoth Hull D.

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Looks like you’re interested in relatively new, medium to ‘medium-plus‘ vessels in the melt value range of $125-575. I agree the Crucible appeals. If you don’t have them or a chain to them already, and don’t mind some older concepts, would you consider one of the Apollos, an E1, Expanse, a 400i, a Genesis Starliner or even an Endeavor?

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Well, if I had to name one ship not in the list and with a potential of a sharp increase in price I'd say:
- Railen.
Alien Ship with 320 SCU. That's around 130 SCU more than the Taurus with only a 30$ difference.
I guess once it's released it might well get a price bump. 50$ at least. Alien tax might get added.

Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yep the 10 year store credit lockins are the way forward - no more stupid complicated CCUs that if you melt and change your mind you lose. Buy it when it first comes out on 10 yr and then melt it and keep it for later safe into he knowledge you will forever (till they change it) be able to buy it back at the lowest price.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
When are we going to get mid range salvagers, Mole and Arrastra sized? I’m gunna need those for perfectly legitimate, legal, and above board reasons.
Looking to recycle TEST (asteroid) sized beer kegs is a "perfectly legitimate, legal, and above board reason" in my opinion. It allows us to TESTify while making less of a mess. Cheers brother!

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Yep the 10 year store credit lockins are the way forward - no more stupid complicated CCUs
Yep, that's where I'm at these days. Guess I should have specified that all my PREVIOUS CCU-chain-gaming has already netted me my favorite 'keeper' ships, with the Vanguard, Redeemer, 600iE, Carrack, Merchantman, Polaris, and - the most expensive ship in my fleet - Phoenix already in my hangar. So now I'm indeed trying to leverage all the 'leftover' credit into keeping any 'maybes' in the backlog. Today I grabbed the Crucible and a Zeus CL. So thanks for all the tips, and I think I'm probably going to aim for the Railen and Apollo for tomorrow, or maybe a Genesis, good suggestions!
Oh and I did consider the Orion, but decided to go for the new Arrastra instead, as I think in the end it might be a more 'useable' size than the colossal Orion when if finally arrives!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I have to say beyond the Polaris the Orion is the ship I'm most anticipating but of course it also needs the mining loops to go with it.
The ship that I'm most eagerly waiting for to be released into the Verse is the BMM. While I know that ship will be lacking in many of its key features for quite a while, It's still going to be awesome to fly it around & use what we'll have to see what we can do with it while we wait for the rest to be developed. In my mind, I've even created a TESTified "Executive" paint scheme for it, making it mostly flat matte black with the Banu style etchings inlaid with gold, so that when approaching it, it looks like a guilded cage around a black void. I believe that the lighting effects would be glorious.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
The ship that I'm most eagerly waiting for to be released into the Verse is the BMM. While I know that ship will be lacking in many of its key features for quite a while, It's still going to be awesome to fly it around & use what we'll have to see what we can do with it while we wait for the rest to be developed. In my mind, I've even created a TESTified "Executive" paint scheme for it, making it mostly flat matte black with the Banu style etchings inlaid with gold, so that when approaching it, it looks like a guilded cage around a black void. I believe that the lighting effects would be glorious.
Its truly a shame this ship had its team leave cig leaving its development in limbo. And with the current push to finish off the rsi catalog I'd wager its a good three years until it's worked on again.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Its truly a shame this ship had its team leave cig leaving its development in limbo. And with the current push to finish off the rsi catalog I'd wager its a good three years until it's worked on again.
The team that had been working on it left CIG? I thought they'd been transferred to the RSI ships project for the sake of SQ42 development. *Shrugs* I must've missed that being mentioned. At least I have the positive outlook of the longer it takes for them to finish the ship, the better it'll most likely turn out when released. I'm also hoping that the devs designing the interior textures remember to take the lore of the Banu culture into consideration as they do what they do. If so, the BMM might very well turn out as opulent looking as the 890J inside if not more.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
If so, the BMM might very well turn out as opulent looking as the 890J inside if not more.
Come to think of it.
What are the chances that our first taste of the BMM will be an URGENT: Ship boarding in progress! kind of mission?
I'd love that simply for the appreciation of the fine interior design.
I'd never dream of looting a couple of dead Banu, honest... ;-P

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Yeah, I think it's been discussed by John Crew a couple of times. Here's a Reddit post about it - not sure if it's the one @Bambooza meant. And BoredGamer did a piece including that news when it broke: Star Citizen News - Banu Merchantman Pauses Production | BoredGamer. I read it as being in large part because Paul Jones left CIG, and I think he was leading - or at least a key member of - the vehicle design team who were working on the BMM, and it was being designed according to his vision.

[Edit]Danny Raymond[/Edit] of Ray's Guide makes videos I find entertaining, informative, grown-up, and well considered. He is generally and consistently positive about Star Citizen. But he did a good video about the 'worst' things at CitizenCon this year, and the item about the Banu Merchantman really resonates with me: (1395) My Eight Worst Moments at Citizencon 2023 - YouTube. Basically, they way they reported progress to date on the BMM was a bit of a tease and then a bit of a snub to BMM owners. I can't quite believe that was intentional, but it sure felt disappointing. However, when someone else does eventually pick up the work to finish the BMM, we BMM owners might end up with a better end result if CIG (and so far as we have influence, we) allow that team lead the creative freedom to change things if they have to, and to make it into something that both fits their vision and is the best they can make, instead of trying to finish someone else's project which has elements they dislike or think don't work.

This is bound to be controversial. I'd love to have Paul Jones' vision of the BMM in game, but... I don't believe that we will without him. So let's have a genuinely great next best alternative.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?