Ship Talk Blog - Updates and Future Discussions

Continue Ship Talk after Aurora + Variants?

• Yes

Votes: 24 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Bertoxolous the Perplexed
Sunder did something today....

*Before anyone asks they are in order by max power plant size
!!!!!
Something like this is exactly what I was about to ask about! It would also be really interesting how scouting mechanics will work and having a place that consolidated what we know about how scouting and exploration will overlap and how exactly signatures/scanning will work and such would be awesome, though probably difficult this early.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
!!!!!
Something like this is exactly what I was about to ask about! It would also be really interesting how scouting mechanics will work and having a place that consolidated what we know about how scouting and exploration will overlap and how exactly signatures/scanning will work and such would be awesome, though probably difficult this early.
We don't know anything about that yet unfortunately.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Just so people know there will be a Ship Talk dedicated to the 3 Starter Ships next Friday before the Reliant sale ends because @thanatos73 asked. :) After that we'll see. CIG really seems to be spitting these concept sales out fairly fast. I'm waiting for my most anticipated ship: The Crucible.

Reactions: Kersakov

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
So some Updates here:

1. Hornet Ship Talk up this evening with the Hornet, Ghost, Tracker and Super Hornet.

2. Ship Talk Commentary for the Reliant up on Sunday sometime.

3.Ship Talk on Starter Ships up sometime the coming week. I want to get this one out earlier than normal. This one also was not planned but was suggested and it makes sense to do.

4. After the Starter Ships Talk I'll be taking a week break from Ship Talk so I can put my mind back into writing my new Rock Raiders thread(I'm really happy how it is coming along!)

5. After that is done the next Talk will be a single ship. Something that we have somewhat concrete information on and that will be the 890 Jump. Just something different to discuss and I think it looks like a luxury Star Destroyer.

Last edited:

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
sweet. Wish I had to time to do more guide write ups. But dam do those take forever to research lol.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
So something that came up when I was on mumble(yeah I got on!) a few days ago to show off STC3 was that people like reading Ship Talk, they just don't like the wall of texts I write. I know it is a problem but it isn't all my fault.

So here is the deal with that. I'm limited in my options for formatting and presentation on the forum we have here because long articles like Ship Talk are not meant to go on forums. The pictures between the sections are an attempt to break things up so it isn't quite as bad. And I get it, it is a wall of text when I read my own stuff at work because imgur is blocked. It is daunting and I would like to do more with the formatting. This leads me into my next part.

Some background! So when I was going to college for my degree I worked in IT in the computer labs helping students and apart from that I was selected to help keep our website up to date and help faculty update their departments. I got to be very familiar with the design elements we used and the code for that(HTML and CSS) and I still retain that knowledge today. I use that knowledge now to edit my usercontent.css file in firefox to block crap I don't care for and to do some modifications I want to how sites display. What I'm saying here is if in the future we get a website up such as welcome.testsquadron.com and if I was still doing this by then(which I plan to) then I can do custom CSS code for my articles that will make things read much better than they do now such as floating pictures and text wrapping around them.

And I don't apologize for the walls of text. These are meant to go over all aspects of the ships and I think I do that fairly well but the length comes from that. Anyway, we get a site or something up, I can do cool code and make a more readable article. Cool?

p.s. the Freelancer Talk is the only one so far i have deliberately tried to make longer than the previous longest one because I wanted to see if i could do it and if there was enough to say. I accomplished that.

Reactions: thanatos73

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
So this week I'm planning to do a thread on the Aurora + Variants much in the same way I did the exploration ships in the updated thread with segments on structural/propulsion, weapons and finally any extra equipment and compare them all together.

I realize that I started the first one talking about something that is kinda 'out there' on most people's radar because we don't know about how exploration works yet and those mechanics.I apologize but exploration is near and dear to me. I feel there was some good reception to the threads I posted, both the initial one and then the updated version and the Aurora Talk will be something more people can relate to because it is in the game now.

So my question here is 2 parts: After the Aurora + Variants thread, should I continue making these(or am I wasting my time?) and if I should continue, what should I talk about after the Aurora +Variants. I have some ideas including the Freelancer + Variants, FIghters(would take 2 weeks to do lol), and also Mustang + Variants. I would try to make these based on ships that are similar in role or hull.

I'd like to know what you think. I liked doing the first one as I said but I'm looking for some feedback here.
Your Ship Talks are important for TESTies who don't put in the science and research time.
Your talks are like fine distillations of all things SC. Maybe you could expand past just ships to various other areas of the game (when you run out of ships of course)

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Your walls of text are formatted, broken with pretty pictures and headings, and usually typo free. Throw in an interesting subject and you're good in my book.

Forgot your password?