Should we buy a Pioneer for $850 for the org?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Idea: Lets ALL buy one, then blot out ALL the suns!
Actually, if we ALL buy 1 & we can gather the resources to use them in tandem, then instead of blocking out a star, we could build a massive TEST Dyson Sphere within which we could harness all of the power of the star for our own usage as well as grow all the crops we would ever need for an eternal beer supply.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Yeah, I really really want a building ship, so I may sells some stuff to get it, then rebuy them later on buyback, but it would still cost me a hundred bucks or so
Just remember, if you spend all of your funds on this, then if CIG comes out with space kitties at Christmas you might miss out on them instead. Then again, with this you might be able to build them a massive space litter box to enjoy. Preferably 1 that is entirely automated to keep you from having to mess with the mess.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
@Montoya I have decided i will attempt to buy a warbond version and the org may use it as they please.(Limited stock) One additional thing i wanted to mention is i believe secretly they are going to release the Sabre Raven. We were all talking in concierge chat yesterday and they have been hinting at it for a few months now. Now if you take a look at the broucher the ship flying above the Pioneer is a sabre which really has pushed alot of people to believe that they will release it during the citizencon event most likely after the pioneer.

EmpireRuled

Commander
Oct 16, 2017
RSI Handle
EmpireRuled
Idea: Lets ALL buy one, then blot out ALL the suns!
Tempting. I will exhibit superhuman self control and resist buying a Pioneer. Although due the limited number CIG plans to sell, it would be pretty funny if the reality became thus:
"How did the Pioneer sales go, guys?"
"Well they sold out as expected. However..."
"However? What does that mean?"
"Well, they were all purchased by one org."
"Damn it. Let me gues."
(simultaneously) "Test Squadron."
Then we all laugh maniacally. That would be tits of course, but I am going to take that $850 and spend it on all of the ships on my purchase list. I don't have the time to farm as much as I would like to in-game in the coming builds, and adulting takes away my gaming time. So? I will buy a fleet to be admired and just play the game without the initial grind. I am praying that they offer my faves in the coming year, of course. And equally 'of course', the org has full access to my growing fleet maintained by my father/son personal org. That includes the Brothel Ship I shall name 'The Lusty Wench'. It has no weapons, only beer dispensers. And I will fill empty cargo space with dancing poles, private rooms and a huge bar. Stay frosty, my friends.
P.S. For the ladies there will be shirtless men chopping wood wearing partially unbuttoned flannel shirts. And each lounge chair will have its own wine dispenser and a Viceroy, which is a fancy name for the dude who wafts you with a palm frond. Enjoy, ladies. The Patriarchy honors you.

Last edited:

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Hmmm, how many Auroras can this thing hold?

I heard that the inside of it will be done in eight pixel, so that alone will be a game changer.

Maybe a space Menard's or Home Depot?

I've got some hangar cleaning and rearranging to do this weekend. But the Carrack and Polaris stay!
There's nothing quite like spring cleaning in the fall.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
And that big dent on the side was there when I picked it up!
Shhh, don't mention the dent. I hid it under a new TEST skin wrap. LoL

P.S. For the ladies there will be shirtless men chopping wood wearing partially unbuttoned flannel shirts. And each lounge chair will have its own wine dispenser and a Viceroy, which is a fancy name for the dude who wafts you with a palm frond. Enjoy, ladies. The Patriarchy honors you.
If I'm not mistaken, the TEST ladies might also enjoy having topless firefighters feeding them various fruit, beverages & sweet treats like chocolates. (This would be an exclusive reward for those wonderful ladies in TEST Squadron as a means to further encourage the recruitment of more.)

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
What if..

Instead of blotting out the sun with our massive fleet.
We actually build a giant dome around a Star, and blot out a solar system !
All that energy will be but our own !

I know I know, madness..
To completely encapsulate a star within a device that harnesses its power is what a Dyson Sphere is essentially.

Xenorak

Grand Admiral
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Xenorak
I'm considering it, I've wanted to own a larger vessel and regret missing out on the Polaris when it was up, I have a measly $75.00 in credit but I also have a 20% off coupon sitting in my inbox from last year. Mayhaps now is the time to use it?

Also:
Tempting. I will exhibit superhuman self control and resist buying a Pioneer. Although due the limited number CIG plans to sell, it would be pretty funny if the reality became thus:
"How did the Pioneer sales go, guys?"
"Well they sold out as expected. However..."
"However? What does that mean?"
"Well, they were all purchased by one org."
"Damn it. Let me gues."
(simultaneously) "Test Squadron."

Guy in the back: Best squadron!
All: What?
Guy in the back: What?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
When they are available Ingame we should link them all together somewhere on an ocean planet so they would form a continent. Just think about it, our own Test Squadron Continent!
Or build it in stacked layers on an arctic planet that each layer is buried so that our base would be concealed within what would appear to be a mountain range to hide it from everything including thermal scans Hoth style. Also, if the beer is chilled from beginning to end Coors style or simply stored in the upper levels, then it can be run through lines through the packed ice between the building nodes to naturally chill the beer or liquor to the party rocking within.

Forgot your password?