Starfarer Sale is Live!

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Gemini looks cool. Still looks like torpedo bait though, especially since it's supposed to be slower and less maneuverable than the base Starfarer.

also, slightly hilarious that I get +1 the shield and plus one power plant, compared to my Cutlass blue which only gets plus one shield. CIG never change.

Reactions: Whittle

Desterion

Admiral
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Desterion
I was pumped about getting the variant... now I think I'l just keep the base version until they decide to start buffing and clarifying it.

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
7 crew for a $240 ship. Can we make any approximation about price with the Endeavor, yet?
...SOMEONE has to make y'all's "space booze"! ;)

Last edited:

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I'm torn. I kinda want the base Starfarer, but with as many ships as I have LTI is actually quite attractive.

HID45

Commander
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
HID45
Bye bye MIS. I will MIS you, although we never got to spend lot of time together, apart from chilling at the hangar. Letting you go is so very hard for me. Maybe we'll meet some other time and place and see if it works out between us.

Bye bye Super Duper Hornet. I didn't really like you that much. Don't get me wrong, you are sexy, sexy thing with tons of good kind of ol' Wing Commander vibe on you. But I feel we never really connected on deeper level. It's not you, it's me. No regrets, thou. You were my first one, I will always remember you.

Well hello there Starfarer Gemini. My first and only LTI love <3.

Reactions: Esq

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
Im very sad that people are melting talis for starfarers, i wanted a tali so bad :'(

Esq

Space Marshal
Jan 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Esq
I though this would be easy. I only need to click that melt button but i can't do it. (Retaliator -> starfarer)

Kersakov

Rear Admiral
Donor
Apr 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Kersakov
Im very sad that people are melting talis for starfarers, i wanted a tali so bad :'(
This. Although the Starfarer looks really good now I couldn't afford the Retaliator when it was out and I feel so sorry for myself because of it :(

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Official forums currently:

Some people are a little salty about the sale.

Reactions: Walex

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
G units, fuel out !
while I am not salty about the sale since I was going t use a Hull A for LTI down the road, I am kinda doing The Rock eyebrow raising for a variant with LTI (even if its dressed up by Aegis )

Reactions: Walex

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
This. Although the Starfarer looks really good now I couldn't afford the Retaliator when it was out and I feel so sorry for myself because of it :(
Not so bad... You might still be able to CCU to the tali once the option becomes available. As I recall, there should be at least one more concept sale of a starter ship. Buy a ship for cheap, and wait until they add the Retaliator to the game. I wouldn't surprise me in the least if during the last couple of weeks before PU goes live, there might be a Cross Chassis Upgrade bonanza so everyone can get everything just the way they want. Don't quote me on that last minute CCU thing--just speculation.

Finally, if you go for LTI, I read that it is WAY over-hyped, but I'm fairly certain that the state of being LTI transfers along to the new ship from a CCU transaction. I mentioned at least one more starter ship, and that will come with LTI since it will be a concept sale. Please verify elsewhere just in case, but I don't think all is lost for ya, buddy :)

Reactions: Kersakov

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Not so bad... You might still be able to CCU to the tali once the option becomes available. As I recall, there should be at least one more concept sale of a starter ship. Buy a ship for cheap, and wait until they add the Retaliator to the game. I wouldn't surprise me in the least if during the last couple of weeks before PU goes live, there might be a Cross Chassis Upgrade bonanza so everyone can get everything just the way they want. Don't quote me on that last minute CCU thing--just speculation.

Finally, if you go for LTI, I read that it is WAY over-hyped, but I'm fairly certain that the state of being LTI transfers along to the new ship from a CCU transaction. I mentioned at least one more starter ship, and that will come with LTI since it will be a concept sale. Please verify elsewhere just in case, but I don't think all is lost for ya, buddy :)
The main benefit of LTI is for people with oversized fleets. Sure, it might not be a huge cost... but when you've got 20 ships, it adds up fast.

Reactions: NeoHelios_SC

Kersakov

Rear Admiral
Donor
Apr 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Kersakov

I'd definately like an LTI one if at any point that is possible. I just have to pray to the SC gods that a CCU does become available (Or a Variant LTI sale like the Gemini I guess), by the time the PU comes around I should have an actual paying job and be able to spend on one.

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
I'm torn. I kinda want the base Starfarer, but with as many ships as I have LTI is actually quite attractive.
I feel you on this one Warren. I bought a base Starfarer during the Anniversary Sale. I'm not quite sold on the military variant. The storage units rating is only for the main ship and not the external tanks, right?
I think I would want more information about the modularity and fuel harvesting/transport capabilities of both versions. If both can hold the same storage tanks/harvesting equipment, I'd imagine that the one with heavier armor would be a better choice. This this is presumably going to be in close proximity to stars to collect/harvest fuel?

Maybe like a shieldship, but with harvesting capabilities?

I also imagine, as opposed to the Hull series, this will be designed for transport/operation in mid-, low-, null- sec areas. Not smuggling, but with defenses to make sure it's not a helpless target. And presumably for hostile alien & environmental hazards. For that reason alone the armor/weapons might be worth it.

If the military variant would for some reason have increased options via modularity (certain modules only equippable to the Gemini), then CIG can just take my money.

I think I'm just going to hold on to my 2-year insurance standard model unless some shit goes down in the Q&A.

Anyone else have thoughts on keeping vs upgrading (other the LTI)?

Forgot your password?