TEST Armor

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
Hi All,

I have a question regarding the TEST Armor.
To date the official color scheme is Yellow-Black (or Black-Yellow, depending on the fashion trend).
Given that there is also a Black-White colour scheme, can we also officially use Black-White Armor (like below)?
It could be that Black-Yellow be used by front-line ops, and Black-White by Special ops?

Black-white logo:

TEST_light_animated.gif

Black-White Armor:

ScreenShot4131.jpg

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Hi All,

I have a question regarding the TEST Armor.
To date the official color scheme is Yellow-Black (or Black-Yellow, depending on the fashion trend).
Given that there is also a Black-White colour scheme, can we also officially use Black-White Armor (like below)?
It could be that Black-Yellow be used by front-line ops, and Black-White by Special ops?

Black-white logo:

View attachment 13807

Black-White Armor:

View attachment 13808
If I was wanting to use a black & white set I'd use the latest subscriber helmet for it.

I'd pair the subscriber Ghost White helm (seen above) with the Arctic undersuit as well as with the Arctic MK armor set. (Medium armor)

Star Citizen 9_23_2019 11_39_33 PM.png

Here's my avatar in the look that I listed above with my Avenger Stalker & 300i behind me in a Revel & York hangar.

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I don't worry too much about the color of my armor. I almost always have black/yellow (except the first few days of a new patch). But I also almost always have Black/Black. If you go into fps with testies, you'll be expected to be in uniform for a lot of that.... @LoicFarris did a video on the issue not long ago and, uh well, I'll let him tell the story.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CbZbs58OzI

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I don't worry too much about the color of my armor. I almost always have black/yellow (except the first few days of a new patch). But I also almost always have Black/Black. If you go into fps with testies, you'll be expected to be in uniform for a lot of that.... @LoicFarris did a video on the issue not long ago amd, uh well, I'll let him tell the story.
Kinda like me I go around and buy every black and yellow outfit I can find and some variation of some, specially Helmet colors to have when split in teams or rang.

🍻

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
I don't worry too much about the color of my armor. I almost always have black/yellow (except the first few days of a new patch). But I also almost always have Black/Black. If you go into fps with testies, you'll be expected to be in uniform for a lot of that.... @LoicFarris did a video on the issue not long ago and, uh well, I'll let him tell the story.
Yes, I get the Black-Yellow is the official colour scheme. But the video doesn't answer the question (because it's focused on Black-Yellow), which is why I've created the topic and used the Black-White logo as a reference point.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
There is no hard rule about what colors you have to wear.

Wear what ever you want.

Thing is, if Im making a video or taking a picture for propaganda purposes, you will be asked to remove yourself from the frame and not be included.

Any kind of official ops and activities we do that is being recorded, its just 110% cooler when you look united under a common theme.

And no, you dont need to buy this helmet, we just happened to all be wearing them at the time.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik

Wear what ever you want.

Thing is, if Im making a video or taking a picture for propaganda purposes, you will be asked to remove yourself from the frame and not be included.

Any kind of official ops and activities we do that is being recorded, its just 110% cooler when you look united under a common theme.

And no, you dont need to buy this helmet, we just happened to all be wearing them at the time.
I'll make the understatement of the year. You are the perfect org leader, you know that right?

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan

Wear what ever you want.

Thank you for clarifying.

Black-White might also look cool on TESties.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
A buddy of mine is a subscriber and let me log into his acct, I bought my self all the goodies I wanted including the subscriber armor. I love the red and black that they have, gonna buy the blue / purple later, decided I want it too. That said, I hope they release a yellow and black variant into the subscriber store... anyway. One of the benefits of staying in Yellow / Black is also that it makes it easy to spot intruders or non-test members on a larger ship. We've had ops in the past where we get a stowaway or two who tries to crash our party, but as the group of us are in "uniform" they're easy to spot and eliminate....

Ramblings from a 40 something in the morning before his first cup of coffee...

Forgot your password?