TEST challenge coins?

What type of challenge coin would you be willing to pay for? see link for pricing

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
NKato, I and a few others have been thinking about there being some sort of yearly, commemorative TEST coin. We could set up preorders and then pay for a batch, selling the remainder off of the TEST store for any who missed preorder. Basic design for the first coin would be something like a TEST squadron symbol on the front, and an aurora on the back. Basic pricing can be seen from this website http://www.customcoincenter.com/pricing.html

The point of this post is to gauge interest, and also determine just what type of coin people would be willing to pay for. The planned size is a 2 inch coin. Depending on response, a larger number of coins could be ordered. The more people who want a challenge coin, the cheaper it will be per coin.

EDIT: seems like people want smaller coins, so that's probably the direction we're headed.

EDIT EDIT: This post has not yet been approved by Montoya. Were it approved, Montoya would handle all money business, per the usual TEST donation route. This is by no means yet a sure thing, it all depends on the response of both Montoya and those interested in the coins.

Last edited:

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Totally interested!

Although we need a coin with the Glowing head of our Glorious Leader!

2" may be to big? I'd think something between a quarter and a half dollar USD.

Reactions: Myre

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I have several Adobe Illustrator files of the TEST Logo that we can make use of, such as the compact roundel type, and the regular type that I cleaned up (the original version was a vectorized mess).

I'm in the process of contacting potential manufacturers of the coin to get solid price quotes and to get a handle on the design process itself.

As Gram said, this has the potential to become a "yearly" release, with different designs for the tails side of the coin, while the heads side with the TEST Logo would remain the same across the years. Once there is sufficient interest in the coins, we'll look at the start-up costs, and begin the process of designing the coin itself.

Personally, I'd like either an uncolored die-struck coin or a two-sided colored coin. The latter, however, doesn't have the "old-school" feeling as a straight die-struck coin, and I've always had a soft spot for the old-fashioned things.

Let us know what your interest is, please! :)

Reactions: Grimbli

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Totally interested!

Although we need a coin with the Glowing head of our Glorious Leader!

2" may be to big? I'd think something between a quarter and a half dollar USD.
We have a 1.75" option available at the coin manufacturer Gram linked. If 2" is too large, then that might be a better choice.

Reactions: Grimbli

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Personally, I'd like either an uncolored die-struck coin or a two-sided colored coin. The latter, however, doesn't have the "old-school" feeling as a straight die-struck coin, and I've always had a soft spot for the old-fashioned things.
I voted for the straight die-struck but if not then the two sided color would be alright. I too like the old fashioned look, it would just feel more "solid" as a coin.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Personally I like the classic challenge coin where its plain or minimal color on one side

EDIT: also 1.75 or 2 inch :)

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I voted no color

not because I'm cheap, I want to drill it out and make it a key fob

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
heads, Alfred E. Neuman - "What, me worry?"

tails, Test logo

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
Antique Brass
TEST Logo one one side with Black and Yellow color
Opposite side is a colored Aurora.
Around the outer edge of the coin is some sort of TEST quote or saying.

I would buy one, sounds great just like Black Sunder proposes

Reactions: Black Sunder

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Antique, gold, silver, or copper for the metal. That, or duotone black nickel and antique brass for black and yellow. I'd vote for one-sided color to have the TEST logo in plain metal, and whatever yearly emblem in color if possible. I personally like the 1.5" size, it's a very comfortable size, but anything under 2" would be okay.

Reactions: Carlos Spicyweiner

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
Antique, gold, silver, or copper for the metal. That, or duotone black nickel and antique brass for black and yellow. I'd vote for one-sided color to have the TEST logo in plain metal, and whatever yearly emblem in color if possible. I personally like the 1.5" size, it's a very comfortable size, but anything under 2" would be okay.
What metal are Auroras made of? We should have plenty of wrecked ones laying around that we could melt down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?