TEST Teambuilding Exercise?

Lexicon

Captain
Aug 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Lexicon
For the month of September, Star Citizen Subscribers have access to the Aegis Retaliator, a huge multicrew space superiority fighter and long-range torpedo-bomber. After its massive overhaul many of the previous issues have been rectified - the turrets function and do appreciable damage, the torpedoes are fully deployable and hurt like a train, the shields make sense for a ship its size, and the ship flies fine with a large crew.

I had the pleasure of loaning my temporary Retaliator to TEST streamjockey @Shiner tonight (check him out on Twitch if you haven't already!), and we crewed it to cap with turret pilots while he flew; we managed to destroy even the hardest missions on the Probe storyline without dying once, despite 10+ pirates spawning in on us. It was a fantastic teambuilding exercise with us learning how to shoot while @Shiner learned how to fly favoring the turrets. If you didn't get the chance to see it live you should really check out the VOD.

I would wholeheartedly recommend anyone take a spin in the newly-overhauled Tali, especially if you can gun while someone else flies. It makes for a valuable lesson in turret mechanics and an excellent teambuilding exercise, especially if you're on Discord and can coordinate voicecomms. I know I plan to do something like this every time I'm online so if you're bored and want to shot big gonz, hit me up on Discord!

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Nice! I agree that team building exercises are not only fun but productive and build camaraderie.

Reactions: Teru

Teru

Space Marshal
Aug 31, 2016
RSI Handle
Teru
I like the idea of having training exercises with test. How could we organise such an event with say 2 teams, attacking and defending?

Reactions: Reptar Khan

Lexicon

Captain
Aug 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Lexicon
We could do a David vs Goliath thing - a handful of one-man light fighters vs one Retaliator with an equivalent number of turrets manned. That would be pretty "attackers vs defenders."

Additionally, if we had the dudes, people have been talking for awhile about using the Starfarer to practice FPS and boarding actions. The Starfarer is perfect for a boarding-action exercise, since it has that huge back balcony-area for boarding onto - we could do a 6v6 boarding exercise.

Park a Starfarer with six crew somewhere out in the middle of the Yela asteroid field, to simulate a gas-harvesting exercise. The Retaliator flies up nearby and its six crew attempt to EVA over and board the Starfarer. The goal is simple - if any of the attack-team manage to take the pilot's chair, the attackers win. Otherwise the defenders win when all attackers are dead.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I like the idea of having training exercises with test. How could we organise such an event with say 2 teams, attacking and defending?
just designate a tournament room in Discord

Reactions: Teru

fiarce

Space Marshal
Jul 19, 2016
RSI Handle
fiarce
Add in a bunch of Glaive and Scythe pilots that don't like either party and see how the dynamic between attacker and defender changes - for science, of course.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I'd love to be involved. Maybe some Saturday.

Forgot your password?