Other Test's Medical Malpractice Insurance

Jokyr

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2015
RSI Handle
Jokyr
Hello Testies, Jokyr here.
I've noticed threads with most of the profession paths in the game, including one or two I'm joining, but I have yet to see anything geared towards the medical side of the game. Now with how we know many of our pilots will be flying I see this as a huge over-site, and I would like to begin patching that hole.
At the moment I have my Cutlass Red to pull our friends out of their wrecked hulls (I foresee many DUI's in our future.) I was wondering if we had any like-minded individuals who would like to work with me in Test's search and rescue or medical endeavors.
I'm looking forward to working with you to keep our pilots in a reasonable amount of pieces.
Jokyr out.

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
I would. Cutlass Red is one of my first "planned purchases" for when the full game comes out. Can aid in the search part with my DUR for when I'm not out exploring or refueling the crew with the Beerfarer.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I havent seen much in the form of a group for this but I know some have said they want to be medical for the groups they are in. Seems like a good idea, or maybe fun for some :) I know I like the thought of fixing peoples ships and or equipment, so I can see where people may want to get on board with this.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
TEST medics will dispense the proper dosage of Beer to any wounded members. Following this they will keep administering Beer until the situation that caused the injury has passed. Seriously injured members will be immersed in a Beer Tank for repair while wearing a mask that delivers the scent of Beer and Oxygen.

TheZekk

Space Marshal
Mar 23, 2015
RSI Handle
Zekk
I want an endeavor. I just am not sure which soap opera to name it after yet.

I like crewed ships

Reactions: shadowjim12

CrimsonCyclist

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2014
RSI Handle
CrimsonCyclist
Reviving this thread in lieu of the upcoming endeavor sale. Even if none of us or the org ends up getting one now, perhaps we should start compiling a list of members in the org who are going down the medical route, in which case I would split them into 3 groups:

Search and Rescue (Space Ambulance):

The Cutlass Red is the obvious example here but it's being hinted other ships could be modified to carry out similar tasks. Whether it be solo excursions or small operations gone horribly wrong to giant ass fleet battles the ability to keep our man power up is crucial. There's probably a limit to how much you could revive someone so far gone so in those kind of situations you'd get them to;

Medical Bay/ Hospital Staff:

The hospital module for the endeavor is the obvious one but I'm certain bigger ships like the Idris can have their own smaller med bays. It was also hinted that ships like the Starliner could be modular enough to fit out as a hospital which is interesting. The obvious role here is to fix up pilots too far gone for your basic search and rescue medics to patch up on the fly.

Combat Medics(First Person Shooter):

Not sure how far gone a player could be in this mode to be heal-able/ revive-able but it's an important role nonetheless. More so in the PU when deaths will matter but if we wanna dominate the Star Marine module I can see this being a core element of a good squad.

Anyone could be a part of all 3, I'm just interested to see who would pick up these kind of roles.

Reactions: Deroth

shadowjim12

Admiral
Oct 8, 2015
RSI Handle
MarNei
Priority: S&D(or Hope Pilot*)>Combat Medic>Hospital Crew*

I don't have a cutlass but I'm definitely going to be a Doctor in game. As well as a DJ.
My hole character's concept is about a Combat Doctor so any position is something I would like to do.

"Hey, I remember you, guys. We studied together at New Corvo. Do you remember that vanduul chick?..."

*My guess is that these will be NPCs. Can't Imagine many people just playing minigame while combat is on. I mean you could if you want to, but after 20h of gameplay might get boring. Unless you have to -like- treat deseases with a Dr House/epic TV drama approach.
**Disclaimer: No ship... No account available due to Greek Financial Shenanigans

Wakapedia

Vice Admiral
Donor
Sep 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Wakapedia
I was DJing at the Corvo music festival when the attack happened and lost my body. I am currently a droid.

Yojimbo8

Space Marshal
Oct 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Yojimbo8
I ve got a Cutlass Red and am eager to follow the Search and rescue line of work. I didn't see any thing on Combat Medicis but would love to fill that role as well. we will have to see what CI comes up with for us.

So count me in Sir

Doc Shaftoe

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
DocShaftoe
Depending on how many TESTies set up their Endeavours as hospital ships, I may do the same. Never hurts to have flying healthcare options.

Forgot your password?