The Aegis Eclipse is coming ( Concept Sale 19 May)

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
Well... for 275$ as concept, I'd expect something like a B-2 shaped F8 Lightning.

With the 5$ CCU-Tax and the fact that we all have multiple Redeemer/Vanguard Warden to BMM CCU I doubt it's even worth going for the CCU on that thing, since it's quite unlikely CIG will go THAT far and price it above 375$.... not to mention BMM isn't flight ready yet either.

As for the Ship... it's really just interesting from a "will I go and grind one someday?" perspective. Which I might, if it looks cool and I don't have to pay rent for Ships just decorating my Hangar.

Performance wise, I really doubt CIG can make a flat-out OP Fighter, given that Hornet and Sabre should make up the bulk of the Ships purchased, that would lead to a serious shitstorm. I could imagine it becoming a Vanguard-Fighter and the Vanguard being relegated to Long-Range-Versatile sorta like they did with the Cutlass and Buccaneer.

Or maybe a Retaliator Bomber sized down with speed and stuff to actually make it work... after all, the Retaliator might be one of the most screwed up Ships of the flight ready ones.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Other things to ponder.

If this is a concept that is similar to the long range bomber for the US, it's supposed to be an affordable stealth bomber with better stealth characteristics than the B-2. It is also supposed to have recon/intelligence gathering characteristics. If the Eclipse has those same roles, I wonder what that would do to the Terrapin? Also, how many crew? Retaliator replacement or complement? Stealth alpha strike bomber, or vanguard replacement?

Lots of questions...

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Stealth ship mm.. maybe look like one but most logical would be that it is equipped with EMP than a dedicated bomber, since there already is Aegis dedicated bombers available, but we only got one dedicated EMP ship so far.
But it shore have similarities with Stealth bombers so maybe it got both... mm...
Hard to tell still could just be a spy scanning ship similar to the Herald with some missile, low profile so it be hard to spot and hit and not much firepower, aimed to fly really, really, fast to gather intel and data then get the hell out of Dodge as fast as it came in try avoiding to be detected.

Just my two cents! Cheers :beers: :beer: :beer: Then it could just be a Crop duster.. :P

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Stealth ship mm.. maybe look like one but most logical would be that it is equipped with EMP than a dedicated bomber, since there already is Aegis dedicated bombers available, but we only got one dedicated EMP ship so far.
But it shore have similarities with Stealth bombers so maybe it got both... mm...
Hard to tell still could just be a spy scanning ship similar to the Herald with some missile, low profile so it be hard to spot and hit and not much firepower, aimed to fly really, really, fast to gather intel and data then get the hell out of Dodge as fast as it came in try avoiding to be detected.

Just my two cents! Cheers :beers: :beer: :beer: Then it could just be a Crop duster.. :P
I ABSOLUTELY love the 'tali exterior. If the interior worked like it was supposed to...and turrets get fixed...I think the 'tali would be a great ship. Unfortunately, the update (2.5 or 2.6) didn't really fix the major issues the ship has.

I will wait and see how things go...

Forgot your password?