The Importance of TESTing

Why didn't he TEST his build as he went along?

• Overconfident

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Didn't see it in the instructions

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • What is TESTing?

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Beer

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Sunder is spamming his Lego obsession again Montoya

Votes: 17 50.0%

• Total voters

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Those of you that know me well enough know I LOVE Lego sets. Now this one isn't mine but I'm building it atm but this is why you always TEST Technic sets as you build them. See below:

Again this is not mine, you can read the title here and see what he says if you want:
https://www.reddit.com/r/legotechnic/comments/3ge7tu/its_been_a_long_weekend_of_building_and_i_just/

If you don't want to go there the short story is that is a gear that makes the pneumatic system work(specifically the motor to pump connection) and he doesn't have it in the model. There are over 2700 pieces total in the set and he has to take apart the entire chassis to put that gear in. Something else to note is that unless he dumped all the bags out at once and wanted to go hardcore build mode, he should have noticed he had a piece leftover after the 3rd set of bags that go with the instructions at the absolute latest. So what did we learn today?

TEST YOUR STUFF CONSTANTLY AS YOU BUILD(or fly, or mine, or race, or salvage, or crash etc)! THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU!

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
2700 pieces?

Things have changed since I played with legos!

I sense that I may get back into it soon, I was walking through Toys R Us and the Star Wars stuff looks amazing!

Having a son is a great excuse to revisit all my childhood toys again!
You are lucky to have an excuse! I expect you to fully take advantage of this opportunity, or at least have a beer well you watch your kid put them together!

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
$250?

Holy shit man! Are they made from gold?
Technic sets are always more expensive because of their functions. That Leader has 5 motors. The set I just built(see OP post for another man's attempt) has more pieces bust costs 230 dollars. Its love of a hobby not the money that is important.

Get your kid some Star Wars sets and put them together because he's too young'.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I still have several Wild West sets. The fort, the bank, the general store, the prison...

Jhonon1

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Jhon-On
Nothing wrong with building Lego as an adult. Its cheaper than 40K models.
That can be dependent upon your taste in models... The only lego's I want are the reeeeaaalllyyyy expensive architect series or supermassive Star Destroyer/Death Star type stuff, whereas with 40k I'm pretty satisfied with individual special models for like $15 off Ebay.

Not sure if anything can compare to the Wallet Rape that SC has become for me though.
That Tali+living spaces bundle is looking very, very tempting...

Guss De Blöd

Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2015
RSI Handle
gussdeblod
Nothing wrong with building Lego as an adult. Its cheaper than 40K models.
well of course nothing is wrong. I don't really get your point there.
I was saying that with the number of Adults Fan Of Lego (AFOL) we have in test, whe should create a Lego User Groups, wich is the name of Lego clubs recognized and helped by Lego. Thought you would know that.

I'm a Lego Ambassador for Léman Lego User Group, so I'm not going to tell you that's wrong to play with Lego XD

Last edited:
Forgot your password?