The last Disney Star Wars movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
Actually anyone seeing this thread is seeing someone spiralling into crazy town and shouting into an echo chamber.

But to answer your question.. it is still you.

Reactions: Aramsolari

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The latest news about Reynolds is all about the backlash against him consequent of sticking up for Hugh Jackman. I’m sympathetic. It reads like a reasonable, moderate guy surrounded by viscous attack gerbils, and other ankle biters, all intent on nibbling him to death for daring to defy their cult. The Mind Virus makes zombie followers—same there as here. Not a single brain revealed amongst the small rodents, but their group behavior seems to come direct from the script. It does not address any of the substance, but rather just endless attacks on his person. How dare he do what he thinks is right?! He must be crazy!

Of course guys like Reynolds and Jackman have all the cards. It’s the studios that have to chase leading men, not the other way around. So these guys can do what’s right, regardless of what the brutal attack gerbils have to say.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Anyone who unironically uses the term "Mind virus" doesn't really have a leg to stand on during rational debates. I am sorry that the world is moving forward without your consent, but yelling at people with hair dye isn't going to make it move any slower. Here's a fun little exercise for you; Without using any examples, please define the term "Woke". Surely there is a definable umbrella for such an often-uttered phrase other than "A thing that I don't like/Understand"

I'll wait...

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Anyone who unironically uses the term "Mind virus" doesn't really have a leg to stand on during rational debates. I am sorry that the world is moving forward without your consent, but yelling at people with hair dye isn't going to make it move any slower. Here's a fun little exercise for you; Without using any examples, please define the term "Woke". Surely there is a definable umbrella for such an often-uttered phrase other than "A thing that I don't like/Understand"

I'll wait...
"Ooooh...ooooh...ooooh!" Linus raised his hand with excitement in his 3rd grade class.

Miss Hagemeyer calls on Linus to stand up in front of the class to school his classmates. She knows that this thoughtful and respectful young boy is often the voice of reason among his peers.

Standing before his classmates, Linus states "According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary 'woke' is being aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues - especially issues of racial and social justice. In layman terms wokeism is being knowledgeable about world events."

With an approving nod Miss Hagemeyer dismisses class, stating "Wah wah wah wah."

Clip art: Linus | Snoopy school, Snoopy classroom, Charlie ...

Last edited:

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I don’t even care that our friend here is of a particular social-political persuasion and wants to have discussions about it….all power to him, just don’t do it here. This is a gaming forum for crying out loud.

Also that ridiculous YouTuber that he’s obsessed with, yeah nobody wants to see that. These forums are dead as it is, I really hate seeing yet another brain dead Mike Zeroh clickbait POS video every time I drop by. Makes me wanna abandon this forum completely and just stick with the discord channel.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
You guys can mock, and whine, and chortle and grind your gams, but this doesn’t change anything. Anyone can do a search and find thousands of vids alone, explaining in detail what woke and DEI are. They’re not some fantasy.

You represent a generation that thinks men can get pregnant. People playing imaginary games that they’re cats and dogs who demand those around them affirm their childhood delusions. Amidst this you want us to pretend there is no woke, or that today’s youth are indeed not teaching the master class in hubris and insanity.

If you don’t know what woke is, or DEI is, look at the substance of the objections. Start with what you know and are familiar with. For instance, why did Henry Cavill leave the fabulously successful Witcher series? He claimed it had become woke and overrun with DEI concerns. So what is and was the substance of this complaint?

In the case of The Witcher, a perfectly fine story twisted by modern concerns into something unrecognizable; we have a story centered around a character—The Witcher—that was perverted into a story about the two female protagonists who were originally at The Witcher’s side. We have ample testimony by Cavill about why he left the project. It was DEI, woke, radical feminist concerns run amok that caused him to tip his hat and say “I’ve had enough.”

Now the peanut gallery wants to pretend perverting a story about a male protagonist into a story about two female protagonists is not woke and not Inclusion run amok.

What a strange fantasy land you need to live in to suggest these things aren’t happening.

Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman must be complaining about something. Are you suggesting they made up their DEI complaints in their heads and only you know the real reality behind this somehow invisible issue?

I call bullshit. You don’t even remotely believe what you’re pretending to. You can see why so many Democrats are crying out that this madness needs to stop. It is not intrinsically Left nor intrinsically Democrat to pretend you’re a cat, a dog or a female when you are male. It is just batshit crazy. The kids doing this (pretending they are “furries”) are biting other kids in the classroom. The kids being bitten are complaining!

One concerning part for me is that pundits and historians like Douglas Murray are claiming this aberrant obsession with things like gender are hallmarks heralding the end of a civilization. They say when a civilization no longer focuses on its proper challenges, it’s focus turns inward and tries to deconstruct the very boundaries that made the civilization possible. They claim all manner of examples in Rome and Greece and Persia where this has all happened before. It’s an interesting and alarming claim. I can’t say I’m enough an historian to say if this is true, but it certainly seems likely. Any spirit of the age that can convince people that men can get pregnant, is certainly a civilization wrecking spirit.

View: https://youtu.be/O_bQ9bkQTqI?si=6Z9r-TcSxaQcfttP

Last edited:

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
"But this doesn't change a thing".. correct.. you continue to demonstrate that you are a di**.

and shadow continues to shake his fist angrily at the clouds. Embarrassing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aramsolari

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
You guys can mock, and whine, and chortle and grind your gams, but this doesn’t change anything. Anyone can do a search and find thousands of vids alone, explaining in detail what woke and DEI are. They’re not some fantasy.

You represent a generation that thinks men can get pregnant. People playing imaginary games that they’re cats and dogs who demand those around them affirm their childhood delusions. Amidst this you want us to pretend there is no woke, or that today’s youth are indeed not teaching the master class in hubris and insanity.

If you don’t know what woke is, or DEI is, look at the substance of the objections. Start with what you know and are familiar with. For instance, why did Henry Cavill leave the fabulously successful Witcher series? He claimed it had become woke and overrun with DEI concerns. So what is and was the substance of this complaint?

In the case of The Witcher, a perfectly fine story twisted by modern concerns into something unrecognizable; we have a story centered around a character—The Witcher—that was perverted into a story about the two female protagonists who were originally at The Witcher’s side. We have ample testimony by Cavill about why he left the project. It was DEI, woke, radical feminist concerns run amok that caused him to tip his hat and say “I’ve had enough.”

Now the peanut gallery wants to pretend perverting a story about a male protagonist into a story about two female protagonists is not woke and not Inclusion run amok.

What a strange fantasy land you need to live in to suggest these things aren’t happening.

Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman must be complaining about something. Are you suggesting they made up their DEI complaints in their heads and only you know the real reality behind this somehow invisible issue?

I call bullshit. You don’t even remotely believe what you’re pretending to. You can see why so many Democrats are crying out that this madness needs to stop. It is not intrinsically Left nor intrinsically Democrat to pretend you’re a cat, a dog or a female when you are male. It is just batshit crazy. The kids doing this (pretending they are “furries”) are biting other kids in the classroom. The kids being bitten are complaining!

One concerning part for me is that pundits and historians like Douglas Murray are claiming this aberrant obsession with things like gender are hallmarks heralding the end of a civilization. They say when a civilization no longer focuses on its proper challenges, it’s focus turns inward and tries to deconstruct the very boundaries that made the civilization possible. They claim all manner of examples in Rome and Greece and Persia where this has all happened before. It’s an interesting and alarming claim. I can’t say I’m enough an historian to say if this is true, but it certainly seems likely. Any spirit of the age that can convince people that men can get pregnant, is certainly a civilization wrecking spirit.

View: https://youtu.be/O_bQ9bkQTqI?si=6Z9r-TcSxaQcfttP
.....Okay Boomer.

I think you would feel more at home here: WWW.TruthSocial.Com

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Just to remind, because I have given this explanation before: we had equality under Dr. Martin Luther King. In the sixties (over half century ago) certainly we needed some real equality. It was decades after the Emancipation Proclamation and yet race bias was still rampant. Within that cultural injustice an astonishing man arose who nicely found a way to convince others to address the injustice. This was King. In his most famous speech, he proclaimed “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” This changed America.

I grew up without race bias. Most of my friends are not the same race as me. We don’t care about race. We’re all colorblind, just as King dreamt. The overwhelming majority of my friends are from Nigeria.

Modern DEI is teaching us not that race is unimportant, but that it is the most essential and important part of one’s identity. That’s the explicit teaching of Ibram X Kendi. It’s a step back into racism, and completely antithetical to what King fought for.

You should note that for half century, on his birthday all the news channels would broadcast a snippet of MLK’s famous “I have a dream. . .” speech. That’s all over with. They stopped doing this more than half decade ago. DEI does not want us colorblind. It wants us focused and fighting with each other over our immutable qualities like skin color, because this serves the Puppet Masters rather than the People.

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
I agree with others that this forum is not the place for political commentary. But, evidently, there is no limit to what can be said here over and over and over and over again.

So, if you're going to force the issue maybe this simple diagram might help to simplify things for you a little. There is a place for equality in many but not all situations. Equity oftentimes has a more favorable and just outcome. How resources are allocated has many ethical underpinnings. That's why we have ethics boards to tease out such issues.

Equity Imagery in the Context of Targeted Universalism | Othering &  Belonging Institute

I for one being a straight, white, male do not feel threatened or disadvantaged by the concept of equity or letting people live their lives the way they want to live it. I can appreciate that your truth is not my truth and vice versa...but I just don't want to hear your political commentary every time I sign into a gaming site that is meant to be fun. I would agree with Han Burgundy...go to Truth Social if you want to share these views. It's clearly not appreciated here. That being said, everyone truly enjoys talking about gaming/entertainment without the politically charged commentary.

Please just stop.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
What is it with the squints who need to control what everyone else thinks or says? You’re suggesting not only that truth is subjective (which is preposterous), and that we are incapable of discussing art and current events, but that your feelings are sole arbiter. Ridiculous. You do not need to read in a thread about Disney if you are upset somehow by the topic. Just go elsewhere.

As per your little graphic, it is addressed in full in the vid immediately above it. If you can’t be bothered to follow the substance of this thread, in what sense are you qualified to critique it, and abolish it?

No harm is being done by digging down on Disney. If you’re offended by people thinking, or thinking differently than you, there are plenty of places to go that are not looking at what’s happening in the arts in general and Disney in particular. You do not need to comment in threads you haven’t read and on topics you’re unfamiliar with.

These champions against freedom irk me. They seem would be more at home in some totalitarian regime. If you can’t manage through criticisms of Disney, what does that say? Just go to another thread. Is that so hard?

Reminds of Aramsolari deciding none of us can talk about guns without his permission. How absurd.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Careful guys, he might put you on ignore like he did me. OG Badge of Honor there. Whomp whomp.

Last edited:
Reactions: Garonman

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Let’s focus on Disney and turn this around for a moment. Those of you who are claiming that DEI is nothing more than an attempt toward equality, what is it you think Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds are objecting to? Do you believe that Jackman, Reynolds and even Cavill are all some sort of horrid racists, or sexists, or some other horrible thing? What is it you think is actually happening between Disney and Jackman?

View: https://youtu.be/5cbS891Cm8s?si=1RSk_QjD539sFBoV

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
"The earth is flat and you guys are just to ignorant to realize it. I feel sorry for you, truly I do. When you are ready for enlightenment, you can join the REAL adults for an actual discussion about the migration patterns of the great turtle on who's back we rest. The evidence is all there, you ignorant fools. Here watch these 32 youtube videos from a DOCTOR of metaphysics and tell me I'm wrong."

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Reminds me of my time working in mental health and with folks on dementia units where there's just a disconnect from reality. Patients often times get 'stuck' in a frame of thought that they cannot escape from. They perseverate on an issue until your ears bleed.

In an attempt to be considerate of your emotional state, I was giving you an out - to let bygones be bygones and enjoy this Star Citizen centric forum together without your political word salad. But, you just couldn't take the bone. Instead, you result to dismissal and self-victimization.

Take your pills, do some yoga, or otherwise find your happy place. Or, live a life of negativity while taking every opportunity to suck everyone in your orbit into your warped sense of disgruntled reality.

Just stop talking about your cringe worthy political views on this site. That's all anyone is asking. However, self control is clearly not for you. I bet you can't do it.

White Hair Mature Man Images – Browse 290,224 Stock Photos, Vectors, and  Video | Adobe Stock

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So again focusing on the issue, I’d really like to hear from those who disagree with me, on the actual issue. Let’s leave off on the insults. You tell me, what do you think is the issue between Jackman, Reynolds, their director and writers on the one hand, and the Disney establishment like Bob Iger on the other? What is Jackman objecting to that you want to say he should not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?