The new / reworked Freelancer

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza

I think this is absolutely beautiful. Before yesterday's live stream I was kind of torn. I loved everything MISC was about, I loved how the Freelancer, being so versatile, was the go-to ship for undecided people like me, who had no idea what they really wanted to do in the 'verse. What I didn't like about it was the fact that it looked second hand, like it had already been owned for a while (all roughed up, nothing like a ship that just came out of the factory), those shade of washed up blue and also the shape of the middle portion of the ship.

I feel that what they've done with it really gives it the MISC look. They lowered it (that front leg / access stairway looked awkward), gave it a shiny silver-ish plating and remade the interior to streamline it with the way all MISC ships look and feel in the interior.

New and improved Freelancer, I love you and I will never let you go. <3

EDIT: Photo source @RSI.

Last edited:

JagerVII

Vice Admiral
Dec 13, 2015
RSI Handle
JagerVII
i've read on reddit that will it be about 30% larger then the old version. Wonder how big the Cargospace in my MAX will be :-D
But.. yeah, its a very beautiful ship. Many of the reworked ships look amazing. Looking forward to fly'em and crashland on a planets surface!

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
It actually still looks like a space penis, however it looks like a nice penis now! One you would be proud of owning.

I just hope they show the same amount of love on the Cutlass.

Reactions: Tortilla the Hun

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
New and improved Freelancer, I love you and I will never let you go. <3
I agree. I have two of them and they're my favorites. I always want to be the first to put a scratch on a new vehicle, so I'm glad they're all spritzed up now. I understand that they WILL start to suffer some wear and tear in the game though. No problem, just adds character!

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
It actually still looks like a space penis, however it looks like a nice penis now! One you would be proud of owning.
Even if you don't own one, as TESTies we should all be proud of the one's we're next to.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
i've read on reddit that will it be about 30% larger then the old version. Wonder how big the Cargospace in my MAX will be :-D
But.. yeah, its a very beautiful ship. Many of the reworked ships look amazing. Looking forward to fly'em and crashland on a planets surface!
A 30% larger space penis. Always a good thing.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake

I just hope they show the same amount of love on the Cutlass.
"LOL, lets fuck this shit up!" -Calix, concerning the cutlass overhaul circa August 2015.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Have a Dur and Max, might ccu my smaller ship to a Misc not sure yet.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Have a Dur and Max
I'd love to both haul and explore with my Freelancer, but couldn't decide what to do first, so I just bought the base model and I'll work for the upgrades when the game goes live.

Reactions: Phil

Takarian

Grand Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Takarian
My MAX is my favorite ship. It was my first buy, I melted it for a MIS but missed it so much that after a month, I melted the MIS and got my MAX backed now I feel whole again, Looking forward to seeing it in all its glory.
"I am a leaf on the wind"

Reactions: supitza

NapalmX

Space Marshal
May 16, 2014
RSI Handle
UpUrShaft
Looks like we won't have to rely on helmet HUD and MFDS. Can you say holograms? I knew you could.

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
Look at the pictures of the cargo bay that was released, double it.

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
I have a reliant LTI that has only ever been for the purpose of CCU to a DUR, should be able to afford it next week, cant wait

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
I have loved the Freelancers since I got my DUR in 2013.

I am happy that they put an EVA door on the side.
Have a DUR and MAX.

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
Drive your buggy inside. the previous model you could 'barely' fit.

Forgot your password?