Thinking about upgrading my starter ship but would like some advice.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Awesome advices from everyone, I understand there is no "perfect" ship that would do everything perfectly (especially at low cost) and that we are still in early Alpha so a lot of ships and functions will change. Didn't really think of that before, maybe because I never had the Aurora changed since I got her.

My "vision" of the citizen I would like to be in this universe is not just a fighter, or a solo trader, I would like to do some trade, try to mine a bit, go out simply exploring, be part of a wing of fighters (have to get some friends ingame, my RL friends aren't really into PC gamming), be part of a crew manning a turret, etc, its the many possibilities that got me into it in the first place. Jack of all trades untill I find the one/two most awesome for me ingame, and stick with them choosing my ship(s) accordingly.

I know we will be able to buy ships with ingame currency but if a ship (and not even one of the more expensive ones) costs 100€ on the store I can only wonder how much grinding is needed ingame to get it... and I believe other ships won't simply be attainable by one player, as it should be, but thats another topic.

For now, as advised I may stick to my Aurora and try to find more people on the PU to fly with, and when I feel the time to change is here I will probably start with small upgrades (and small cost to wallet as someone pointed wisely), so getting ships that can do trade and somewhat defend themselves like Aurora->Avenger->Cutlass->... And preventing myself for regreting and even be mad at the game as pointed.

So I guess the natural change of starter ship may be for the Avenger, thanks again for the advice everyone!
Now that seems to be settled...SHIT POST TIME!!!

I like lizards.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
All you need is your aurora mate... we got you. You'll be able to earn everything in game and you'll have our help to get there.
And an Orion for mining, a Carrack for exploring, a Javilin for kicking ass, an Apollo for medical, a Hurcules to haul around your toys. a 890j for being baller, a Nox for racing, might as well buy some more ships so you can get that free F8 Lighting for dog fighting. And then you'll need a Kracken to be your home away form home.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
And an Orion for mining, a Carrack for exploring, a Javelin for kicking ass, an Apollo for medical, a Hercules to haul around your toys. a 890j for being baller, a Nox for racing, might as well buy some more ships so you can get that free F8 Lighting for dog fighting. And then you'll need a Kracken to be your home away form home.
Don't forget about the Prospector, Vulture, and Dragonfly for doing the things!

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
And an Orion for mining, a Carrack for exploring, a Javilin for kicking ass, an Apollo for medical, a Hurcules to haul around your toys. a 890j for being baller, a Nox for racing, might as well buy some more ships so you can get that free F8 Lighting for dog fighting. And then you'll need a Kracken to be your home away form home.
Exactly! The first thousand $$$$ always takes the longest, after that, it's like you left the faucet on, and then a pipe bursts...

(but really all you need is an Aurora...seriously!)

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Not only an Aurora but membership to this exclusive cu... lub. There are so many members with many ships that they will always be available to borrow and even if you don't want to borrow there are many more situations were missions will need crew member's to help fly the ships and participate in what ever activity you want.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
My suggestion is wait till aniversary sale then melt your package(if not LTI) and rebuy your starter or another starter ship such as the 100i which i think everyone forgot about. Also remember you can always buy ships in game which is comming like 1-2 patches from now(at least scheduled). So start small work big. I still suggest selling if you dont have during aniverssary sale so you get a package with XX amount of months vice 6.

sovapid

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2018
RSI Handle
sovapid
**NEWS FLASH**
The PTU now gives you the capability of buying ships, in-game. Yes, I just said, IN-GAME.

Just head to Levski, go to Teach's, and check it out. I'm just finding out about it now, I'll be heading over later tonite...
And just as important, you start off with 5 million credits. So you can go and buy ships. Cutlass is available to buy.

rp2015

Commander
Oct 21, 2018
RSI Handle
rp2015
**NEWS FLASH**
The PTU now gives you the capability of buying ships, in-game. Yes, I just said, IN-GAME.

Just head to Levski, go to Teach's, and check it out. I'm just finding out about it now, I'll be heading over later tonite...
Now THAT is "Timing", what an awesome feature to put in the game, just before I actually spend some real money :)

Reactions: Deroth and Bambooza

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Now THAT is "Timing", what an awesome feature to put in the game, just before I actually spend some real money :slight_smile:
If you wan't to spend some money to support the project and you don't need the cash feel free to pledge. Ships are just a bonus. Also every bought ship can be melted and you can buy another one with the same money.
If you don't have the cash don't do it. There are plenty of ships out there and we can't fly them all alone.
I myself would prefer a ship which helps me earning money with the profession i think i the like most.

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
Don’t forget to get your Carrack so you’ll always have something to wish you could fly while it’s perpetually ‘in development’. I sware, that thing could be any major highway in any major city that is always under construction.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?