Two Week Racing Course - Got a job offer... This is cancelled xD

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
Id like to partake but since i moved my internet is less than stellar. With a Bandwidth of 15Mbs/1.5Mbs its hard to stream with out it lagging or looking like a pixel garbled mess. Maybe if you do a second run? how often are you gonna do theses?

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
:O @Shive how did you post that image? Are my racing scores posted somewhere on RSI?!
I'd assume if you didn't opt out of the leader boards and you've been playing he can just search for you by Handle

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
:O @Shive how did you post that image? Are my racing scores posted somewhere on RSI?!
Yes, you're currently rank 1400 or so. (I haven't allowed you to finish a single race xD so it puts you in a bad light, so I just shared your lap time :P) but ya, you can go to community -> leaderboards -> old vanderval and type in your name.

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Id like to partake but since i moved my internet is less than stellar. With a Bandwidth of 15Mbs/1.5Mbs its hard to stream with out it lagging or looking like a pixel garbled mess. Maybe if you do a second run? how often are you gonna do theses?
I would be delighted :) Bless your internet!
Will see you in round 2.

Reactions: Reyalp CB4

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
I AM RACE TEACHER SHIVE
I'd like to start a rather intense racing course for anyone with the will to join. Roughly 2 hours per day, for 2 weeks. See details below.

Proof of concept:
Started with Arranging Stars 4 days Prior to this post, and she's gone from 6:45min laps to 1:06min laps (her fastest atm, and by no means consistant)

The world record atm is 1:01:3min so there's a ways to go as shaving off time goes closer as one reaches optimal times, but once through the initial steps, learning is fast and improvements vast. Still this is hours of work.

Here's the deal, I take 3 disciples, and these are the spots:
1. CrimsonCyclist
2. TheZekk

If you beg: 4 spots ;D

Requirements:
Mental Resolve.

The goal:
You will be top 100 material on Track 1, Old Vanderval Leaderboard
You will be rank 25 material on Track 2, Rikkord Memorial
You will be rank 25 material on Track 3, Defford Link

The Curriculum: (28hrs)
1. Random Shive terminology
2. Ship selection Ship
3. Loadout Hotkeys & Control Scheme
4. Power Distribution and Flight Modes
5. Ship Behavior
- Ship Behavior Pitch vs Yaw
- Ship Behavior Bugs
- Ship Behavior Acceleration
- Ship Behavior Rolling In Turns
6. Turn Types
7. Map Layout
- Map Layout Shortcuts
- Map Layout Good vs Bad take-over spots

Before Starting:
1. Make sure you have a 350R or enough credit to rent one.
2. Make a twitch account, and set it up so you can stream. (I need this to evaluate your flying)

What to expect beyond the curriculum:
Drawings like these:

As you can see! I go to great lengths for you sauce swaggers!

Me streaming explaining shit you obviously don't understand!
Me lurking and giving you my input on your racing through YOUR twitch stream :).

As for the time: around 2 days within the 3 spots have been filled, the exact time will depend on the discples.

Shive... Take me. You know I race, and am semi already serious. You know you want me.

I got once 1.09 in a mustang, and I get like 1.05 and 1.06 in my M50. I never use a 350R though.

Perhaps if its worth it, I can learn, maybe the larger size of it can help me, IDK... you know I I have a different flying style then you, but I would love to dedicate enough time to master this over the next few weeks. I can obviously setup Twitch too.

Oh wait, I always play without other players, because I had a few bad experiences with it always being laggy and crashing, so myabe I have literally no record of completing a race...LOL

Maybe I can just run a few tonight..

Last edited:

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Shive... Take me. You know I race, and am semi already serious. You know you want me.
I'm sorry, we would be too many. Round 2 my friend, round 2!
Although, if we can't get times to line up, maybe we can do some swap arounds.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Alright, sure, mark me down as a replacement when either next round starts or one of them falls off.

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
Lol Will people share their Twitches so we can watch the training sessions?

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
we could have a 4 person Racing team lead by our manager SHIVE

I CALL BLUE ! cause I've always been known as the "blue mage"

Aurora The Explorer

Rear Admiral
Donor
Sep 11, 2015
RSI Handle
AurThEx
I'm wishing I'd come online and grabbed a spot yesterday now. I've wanted to learn from Based Shive since joining Test. Oh well, I'll wait for round 2 (or 3 if that's already booked). Will any of these streams be saved for future viewing? Watching lessons is almost as good as being in them.

Forgot your password?