Vanduul helmets

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Had a pleasant surprise yesterday when visiting a mining site for fuel so I looted the property for drinks and what not....WTF??? I got a Vanduul helmet. :glorious:
The picture is not mine but can hardly hold back the giggles and fun factor of addressing new players as earthlings while dropping the multi tools of various colors at the ship terminals...Now time for my regularly scheduled adult beverage:o7:
Vanduul_Helmet_16_9-Min.jpg

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Supposedly if you loot one of those (or the 2 Hill Horror) Masks this month, they will be added to your account as permanent items - Some people claim you just need one in your inventory, others say you need to loot it, so best to err on the safe side and loot one to be sure: There have been reports of people selling them in-game for 1-2 million aUEC, but they seem reasonably common and there's no guarantee you'll get a permanent one from these.

I found and grabbed several of the Hill Horror ones (both reasonably common) Sunday night, then was lucky on Monday night and found 2 Vanduul ones (at the same location), so grabbed one, and let others in the server know there was one available, then waited at the box for the player to arrive and "loot" it\remove it from the box (to prevent possible box despawn if no players nearby after it had been opened). Last night I spent a few hours with Execute trying to find the new Hill Horror mask, but only found a Vanduul one for him.

To find them, look in the red boxes at mining or research outposts on planets and moons (they don't appear in boxes at bunkers or places like "Bountiful Harvest" from what I have observed and heard - I plan to try the abandoned outposts tonight to test)... Please at least "open" white boxes there even though they won't have the masks (grab a cruz for hydration, perhaps), as this will hopefully trigger the box' reset timer, notifying the server it is OK to remove it after x time and spawn a new box at the location (hopefully red) as a replacement - Many sites last night had a lot of white boxes but no red ones (or the model for the red box showed it had been "opened" by another player, while the white box models appeared untouched).

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
LOL...Looted an abandoned camp just a few hrs ago and poooof...I got a second Vanduul helmet......Im raising a glass as I type...Cheers :glorious:

Reactions: VFV

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Okay its either getting much easier to find or there is an algorithm that is in play....I found #3 this morning :wut:
ackackack.jpg

Reactions: VFV and FlyCasual

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Okay this is getting interesting...I rotate camp sites while doing bunkers etc...So perhaps there is an algorithm that exploits pings on locations? :like:
I say this because I found number 4 about an hour ago at a camp site:o7:

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Nice. Logged on for longer today than I have for the whole of the time 3.16 and 3.17 have been live In the PTU. Ended up doing shuttle runs between the two HDMS stations on Arial in my Pisces. After maybe 5 visits back and forth to each, I’d picked up two Hill House Horror helmets (and sundry other bits of armour from maybe 20 or so red loot crates), then got missiled to smithereens by some git in an Eclipse as I left the armistice zone. Went back to try again, maybe another two visits each, and finally found the Snarling Vanduul Helmet, and decided to just GTFouttathere back to base.

Probably 3-4 hours relatively low risk runing around. Lost about 20k UEC worth of gear I’d bought, plus whatever I’d looted in two or so hours. Karma maybe? Anyway, let’s see if it gets added to my hangar - not holding my breath on that, but would be nice. Have wanted the mask a long time.

Reactions: GPcustoms

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Nice. Logged on for longer today than I have for the whole of the time 3.16 and 3.17 have been live In the PTU. Ended up doing shuttle runs between the two HDMS stations on Arial in my Pisces. After maybe 5 visits back and forth to each, I’d picked up two Hill House Horror helmets (and sundry other bits of armour from maybe 20 or so red loot crates), then got missiled to smithereens by some git in an Eclipse as I left the armistice zone. Went back to try again, maybe another two visits each, and finally found the Snarling Vanduul Helmet, and decided to just GTFouttathere back to base.

Probably 3-4 hours relatively low risk runing around. Lost about 20k UEC worth of gear I’d bought, plus whatever I’d looted in two or so hours. Karma maybe? Anyway, let’s see if it gets added to my hangar - not holding my breath on that, but would be nice. Have wanted the mask a long time.
I've just been leaving the masks (and other items) I loot in the "local" inventory of the location I find them in, rather than taking the risk of shiping them to another location.

Luckily I bed-logged at one outpost a few nights ago and when I next loaded in I was back at my "home" with the ship listed as having an "unknown" status, so I have a reason to do a character reset which will recover the ship, as well as consolidate all the items I have looted to the location I decide to call home.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
You know, I bought another SSD, but I need a skinny one, that looks like a stick to fit in my laptop. It wouldn't fit! I've gotten alienware r4 laptop from like 2013-5 with a 1070 lol.
You say you have to move the data to the HDD before, so I assume the laptop has 2 harddrive in it. on M.2 format (the ttick one) and the other is anormal 2.5" drive.
In that ccase the advice of @Dirtbag_Leader is still a sound advice: just replace the normal spinning drive with an SSD and trasfer all the data in it... just be sure to have a large enougth drive for all the current data AND SC installation.
You just need adn external USB adapter for the original spinning drive to copy the data (one with a supplementariy power, USB only can't power up a spinning drive), and to assign to the new SSD the same drive letter then the old drive...

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
well guess im downloading the game and getting me one of these helms lol i havnt played since 3.0
It's very different. People keep telling me the helmets are at outposts, but I've only really found them at arcorp 141 mining and shubun mining on delamar? They are in red crates. You should bring armor with a backpack. Good luck!

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
It's very different. People keep telling me the helmets are at outposts, but I've only really found them at arcorp 141 mining and shubun mining on delamar? They are in red crates. You should bring armor with a backpack. Good luck!
I found all mine at Pinewood. Got the Horror helmets within minutes but took about 90 mins or so to get the Vanduul.

I used the log out in bed method in my 100i then switched servers to refresh the crates.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
It's the mining and research outposts (like Arcorp 141, shubin mining, rayari, etc.) that have the masks in the red boxes - There aren't any in the bunkers and I don't think they appear in the sites such as Bountiful Harvest or Bud's Growery (They seem to share the same loot tables as bunkers). I hadn't thought they occurred in the abandoned outposts, but I did find one of the large white crates at one which had contents that were similar to those in the red crates at the mining\research outposts and I believe someone has mentioned finding one there - Even if they do appear at the abandoned outposts, the loot boxes that would contain the masks are (in my experience) less common than the red ones at mining\research outposts.

You don't even need to worry about having a backpack - Loot from the box to "local inventory", and from there you can either transfer from local inventory to the ship when you get back in, or leave it there in the local inventory for the location (a character reset will also move it back to wherever you select as your new "home" as well).

Forgot your password?