Vent here please - Thanksgiving My Brother's House

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Omg... I know everyone here is feeling the same as me. My wife (Peruvian)... the social justice warrior that thinks us white (I am white by the way) people are the root of all evil, my step brother the graphic artist who use to create graphic stuff for the Pepsi Center with his I don't give a shit attitude about anything. My other step brother telling us why the stock market is x and calling us all lazy. My step dad, prolly wearing his Trump hat and telling us stories that he has told us 50,000 times before. All I ask is that you folks who celibate "Thanksgiving", "Indigenous Peoples Day", or whatever the hell we want to call it these days, eat the Turkey and the Ham (except for Jewish people - they dont eat pork). Have a good holiday and Please, Please, be the grown-up in the room.

I am thankful for my test Family.

CD

smeggy

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
sm3ggy
I understand the feeling, as much as I can.
This is my first year in almost 10 years, I can finally relax for this holiday. Wife and kids are living with her family until I move over, and not going to my parents.
I know my parents are bummed, but I don't want their clingyness or guilt tripping.

Not going to my grandmother's, pretty much the same reasons as you stated (semi-racist old lady, and is blind to half of the wild stuff and other things that some of the family has done). If I went there I'd be picking them apart too much, too easy with that side of the family. Mostly don't feel like listening to her ranting on how people should only be speaking English here (and she is the child of two immigrants from Sweden). Somehow she doesn't realize that language is part of cultural identity, even through she has met my wife (who is originally from Japan).
Or my oldest cousin there that is younger than me, but in less than six years she looks like she took a few laps through the ugly-stick forest (drugs mess people up).
The only one I'd like to be with over there, has been six feet under since the mid-90's (biological grandfather).

So to be the adult that I should, I'm staying home with two cats and maybe a friend is coming over (he has no blood-family in this area of the country). Drinking and play games.

Remembers: friends, including TEST, are the family we choose.

Happy holiday TEST.
Maybe rename it TEST-Giving! The day we are thankful for TEST.

Forgot your password?