Virpil Button Mapping Worksheets

CMDR_Deepsix

Space Marshal
Sep 8, 2017
RSI Handle
CMDR_Deepsix
Hello Testies,

I recently upgraded from my Saitek x56 controllers over to a complete Virpil setup using their Mongoost-50CM2 grip, the CM2 base, the CM2 throttle and the Ace 2 rudder pedals. One of the most striking differences was the sheer number of buttons you're able to bind on the grip and throttle. I went looking for some type of file I could use to help keep track of my mappings between the different games I'm playing but everyone I found left something to be desired. I have access to Illustrator, Photoshop and all of the acrobat tools so I decided to create my own.

As I started laying it out and came to picking a theme I decided to move forward with a Test Squadron branded version. Below are a couple images of the first drafts and I'd love the groups feedback on these as I plan to post the final PDF version that will have editable fields for anyone to use. The style difference in terms of the background color and the placement of the logo are some ideas I'm considering.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip_test-Squadron-01.jpg

Buttons for the grip are pretty straight forward. The numbers in each cell is the physical button number in the Virpil mapping software.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle_test-Squadron.jpg

The throttle gets more complicated in that there are a lot more buttons to map and if you configure the mode selector into the 5-way mode modifier setting, many of the buttons can act as a different input for each of the five modes.

Any thoughts and feedback on which style/background color people like the best would be much appreciated. If people find value in these once completed I'd be happy to make them for some of the other controllers people are using.

Thanks in advance.

CMDR_Deepsix

Space Marshal
Sep 8, 2017
RSI Handle
CMDR_Deepsix
Thanks to those who took the time to provide feedback here or in PM's attached are the PDF versions of the first release of these. Each button is labeled with the physical button number and has a field that can be edited to document the function you map the button to. For those who edited your controller to use different virtual button numbers or for the throttle split it into two 32 button devices, you can edit the button numbers as well

I hope those with Virpil controllers enjoy them and If there are any other controllers you'd like to see put into this format let me know.

The grip:
VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip_test-Squadron.jpg

and the throttle:
VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle_test-Squadron.jpg

Attachments

Slagg

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Slagg
Nice work! I am looking to pick up the Virpil Throttle very soon. This will come in handy.
Cheers! 🍻

Reactions: Aramsolari

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
Looking very pretty :) What cleanup method / blending filters did you use to get the stick and throttle looking so clean in the second set of images?

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer

Here are the editable ones I use

Reactions: Cromwell

Cromwell

Admiral
May 11, 2020
RSI Handle