We have an ARMA 3 server!

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
This still a thing? I just realized the other day that I haven't spent any time in a MH-9 or AH-9 in almost a month and that just ain't right.

loose_unit

Vice Admiral
May 12, 2014
RSI Handle
loose_unit
I guess it is! I need an upgrade to make life easier for myself though, I guess.

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
I guess it is! I need an upgrade to make life easier for myself though, I guess.
Few things bring me more joy than strafing run on a group of foot-mobiles with the m134s from 200m up an 600m away. I usually pop a rocket or two just for good measure.

DUWS with RHS Escalation is an amazing good time.

loose_unit

Vice Admiral
May 12, 2014
RSI Handle
loose_unit
This game really only gets really awesome when you have 5 - 10 people playing, with dedicated chopper pilots doing medical evac's and sometimes dedicated air support with several on-the-ground teams... Maaan I need to play this in a properly organised group, those times were fantastic in ARMA 2 :D

SARGE

Space Marshal
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SARGE | SARGE5th
i like ARMA 3...no one to play with tho' i mostly find myself just laying down on the ground up a hill just tagging EV hoping someone out there will make it rain... :(

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
Are you guys still up?
I have COOP A3 server. Located in Germany.
It's running greuh's liberation mission, CTI style. Great part about that mission is that it's persistent - progress saves over restarts (and some times i need to restart server 3-4 times)
There is moderate modpack (RHS, FFCamoPack, "Easy" ACE3 (no wind deflection, medical), couple of attachments mods, and F-15). Mods are managed with arma3sync.
As for me, i love doing some CAS (but nobody uses a designator, so i'm practicing dumb-fire bomb runs).

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
Any info? This thread seems to be abandoned, and site isn't working as well.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
The site is down for good. There is an Arma3Sync repo for the new server. The autoconfig URL is: ftp://66.150.121.217/.a3s/autoconfig
Teamspeak server: arma3testsquad.ts.nfoservers.com TS Pass: t3stb3st
Game server IP: 66.150.121.217

Server is running Insurgency Takistan

Reactions: Trick Shot Bob

Dranoc

Autistic EVE Player
Donor
Feb 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Dranoc
its too bad krystal lost the guide he made on installing everything.

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
>@DragonFyre
DragonFyre is a client-side addon and does not need to be run at server, btw. It actually makes more harm to server FPS than any other addon. And it's broken since... 1.50 if i recall correctly :)

Last edited:

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
>@DragonFyre
DragonFyre is a client-side addon and does not need to be run at server, btw. It actually makes more harm to server FPS than any other addon. And it's broken since... 1.50 if i recall correctly :)
Thanks for that catch. I have removed it server side, however the keys stayed there because we only allow verified mods on join.

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
Yea i see. I downloaded everything and trying to figure out how to use TFAR.
TFAR channel is password-protected.
Ping seems to be pretty OK for COOP, around 100-120.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Yea i see. I downloaded everything and trying to figure out how to use TFAR.
TFAR channel is password-protected.
Ping seems to be pretty OK for COOP, around 100-120.
TFAR channel is password protected because the plugin switches you over automatically into the channel when you join the mission. You need to download TFAR from their site and install the Teamspeak plugin files manually (the files you download with Arma3sync only synchronise the game side of the addon).

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
It's installed and connected to TS, i'm able to switch channels on in-game radio, do some stuff and TS renames me to in-game name but still i sit in main channel with muted Vapsy :D

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
It's installed and connected to TS, i'm able to switch channels on in-game radio, do some stuff and TS renames me to in-game name but still i sit in main channel with muted Vapsy :D
You need to be in the Briefing / Server Join Lobby channel before joining the mission

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
@Krystal LeChuck so i checked this addon we talked about in TS
Units assigned to INDEP, they have old BTR-60, some Anti-air artillery and T-72 tank, all reskinned from RHS.
As for weapons there is mix of RHS weapons - m4, AK-103, AKMS, SVD and RPG-7/26.
There is even units with AA (Igla) which will make pilot's lives a bit harder.
Seems to be pretty well done.
The only problem i see it that all equipment appears in arsenal, cluttering it even more (since you have pretty big modpack already)

Vimes

Captain
Dec 6, 2015
RSI Handle
VIIMES
I play ARMA on the 77th JSOC servers, its organized COOP missions generated randomly by the server, the servers are "policed" heavily, if you dont stick to your squad then you get kicked from the server, so its no lonewolfing allowed.

If you like to play organized then i suggest you check their servers out.

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
@Krystal LeChuck
The biggest issue i faced today is enemies clipping through the textures, so you can only shoot them looking at their tracers. This was in AllInArmaTerrainPack, this also exists in CUP_Terrains and probably all ArmA terrains using A2 assets.
Also their guns does not have sound since CAF AG hasn't updated for more then year. If you really want to stick to CAF, i can try making replacement configs for them, so CAF units will use RHS weapons.
Otherwise it was pretty fun.

By the way, is there any good guide on ACE medical?

Forgot your password?