What do you use your ships for?

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Ever wonder how other people use their ships? Here is how I use mine.

1. Star Runner - Light transport of ore and gems. My main use is that I put my Rocs in it when I mine on the planet.
2. Roc - Regular - use it so I don't freeze or roast to death on the planet
2.5. Roc DS - When I am doing some heavy gem mining and need power and storage.
3. Gladius - when I need to get from point A to point B fast
4. Mole - Belt mining - after refined ~400k a run (Non-Quant)
5. Vulture - quick runs for salvage - ~200k a run
6. Reclaimer - bitch to get off the ground. Bitch to find docking. I have yet to make this work any significance due to 30ks and general bugs - I do not want to get a crew involved because I don't trust it to stay without a bug throughout the salvage cycle.
7. Redeemer - I love this ship - it is my main combat ship and general runner - I just sit and wait for some dumb ass to come into my AO in a Cutless and I shred them with my C-788 in Ghost Hollow. Great for package runs. Great for planetary missions.
8. Ares Ion - for sniping and space missions - make them a breeze.
9. C8- one of my favorite ships - moving small amounts of cargo between stations. Also used like the Gladius to make quick runs - minute or two claim ability.
10. Vanguard - space mission runner - second to the redeemer
11. Terrapin - this is another awesome ship - great from point to point
12. C2 Hercules - when I have a lot of ore to move
13. Carrack - is nice for moving ore and mining with Rocs. I like the medical bay. I don't use it much because it is big and a pain to move around- the day will come when it will be my main ship - just not now.
14. Prospector - mining planets

I don't use
1. Hammerhead - no reason to use it
2. Sabre - wimpy ship
3. Sabre Raven - EMP takes too long to charge in a solo in battle
4. Arrow - loaner don't use it Loaner
5. Super hornet - don't use it - not my play style Loaner
6. Banu Defender - Dont use it - loaner - not really interested in it Loaner
7. Nomad - don't use it. My C8 gets the job done. Loaner
8. A1 spirit - My vanguard is a bomber and I am happy with it. Loaner.
9. inferno - don't use it. I do see a future for it tho.
10. Buccaneer - don't use it - loaner
11. Caterpillar - typical paper-thin Drake - Dont use it - loaner
12. Cutless Red - Dont play med - Loaner
13. Hull C - used it once - did not make much money with it - probably me not using it right - loaner
14. Starfarer Gemini - Don't use it
15. Aurora - Don't use it. Just have it for when we need to blot out the sky in a Corp run.
16.Ursa - don't use it.
17. Cyclone RN - Don't use it.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
That's once of the reasons I collapsed my fleet a couple of year ago and got rid of a bunch of small to medium ships and picked up a couple of larger ones (perseus size).

No point in having 30 ships if you only fly 5!!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
That's once of the reasons I collapsed my fleet a couple of year ago and got rid of a bunch of small to medium ships and picked up a couple of larger ones (perseus size).

No point in having 30 ships if you only fly 5!!
There is wisdom in this. Is somebody needing their beverage refreshed or refilled? Cheers!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Currently, I use my various ships to do tasks they are suited for with either running missions or tinkering around to figure things out when my net is being friendly.

Once SC officially launches, I plan on using my fleet to help new backers learn the ropes & figure out what they enjoy doing most in the Verse. This is how I plan on "winning" in SC, by helping make the outlook of its community look as friendly & welcoming as possible for those that haven't become jaded by what they will eventually encounter in less friendly areas.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
My fleet is designed to play off of one another, so each ship can in some way compliment the others (ish)

Step 1: Take my Pisces out and pick up a delivery mission
Step 2: Fly around pinging until I find some good loot
Step 3: Leave mission boxes at loot site and return to station
Step 4: Pull out C2 and return to loot site using box mission marker
Step 5: Profit

The same loop can be done to find good mining spots for my Mole and scouting goes a whole lot quicker in that little guy

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
300i custom: my main ship, general use, even for light space combat missions.
C8 Pisces ambulance edition: my go to ship for day to day short term use. The perfect throwaway ship. Whether shopping around or doing bunkers, it's good enough. Shouldn't have gone for the medical bed version, it's of no use to me yet and I can't fit much loot, but I plan on doing some rescue stuff later.
Mustang Citcon edition: when everything else is down, or I feel like it, I take this for travel and light space combat missions
Argo Cargo: Just for fun, I use this to travel and sometimes move my stuff from city to spaceport above the city. I got lost quiet a few times already without having quantum (waypoint) markers.
GolfCart PTV: have it since it exists, it's good fun to roam around in it sometimes. Comes in handy as well, used it a lot when the metro broke in new babbage to get to and from spaceport.
C1 Spirit "soon"TM, hopefully replacing the 300i in general use, but less combaty probably

recent loaners/past upgrades:
A1 Spirit: loaner, haven't really had the time to use it for anything other than travel
Hull A: past owned, had it before the cargo overhaul reached a meaningful state, upgraded to C1. Loved the shape and details, absolutely useless at everything.
Cutty Blk: loaner, simply the best day to day solo allrounder, used it for every kind of mission, ROC mining and so on. I will have to get one some time soon.

Always buy ingame:
ROC: obvious is obvious, cheap entry into doing something other than box, bunker or bounty missions. First thing I save up for.
Cyclone racer: cheap fun ground vehicle, I love driving even if it's as bad as in SC, sue me

Always want to buy ingame but never get enough credits before a wipe:
Prospector: rented stock version has been basically useless for over 2 years now with it's stock head for planetary mining, and buying the on-person doodads that can ease mining is literally always broken for me

Want to get soonTM in-game:
the paint scrubber ship! That yellow one, the scavanger for doing salvage things!

Forgot your password?